Show and tell

Well...... going by my lamp specs my hood is producing 40,000 lumens at 440 watts...not much difference, and I'm able to have the tops an inch from the lamps. How close can you get the plants to those leds? I'm not looking to replace...just improve.
I can put two 100-150 hps in the top and move the pl-l to the sides for side lighting and still have the plants within 3" of the lights with a cool tube.

:circle-of-love:
2 150 hps, remote ballast,and bulbs $140 US.......32,000 lumens

That would give a my cab a rated 72,000 lumens...9000 lumens a sqft.......probably blow my plants up....but the buds would be huge

Well...... going by my lamp specs my hood is producing 40,000 lumens at 440 watts...not much difference, and I'm able to have the tops an inch from the lamps. How close can you get the plants to those leds? I'm not looking to replace...just improve.
I can put two 100-150 hps in the top and move the pl-l to the sides for side lighting and still have the plants within 3" of the lights with a cool tube.

They only way to step up is with COB at that point. Then you're getting the same lumens but at 150w.
But a DIY cob rig will cost you $300 for a 3 chip setup.
Looks like you're getting good results. I wouldn't change anything unless you wanted more economical power consumption.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

2 150 hps, remote ballast,and bulbs $140 US.......32,000 lumens

That would give a my cab a rated 72,000 lumens...9000 lumens a sqft.......probably blow my plants up....but the buds would be huge

Have you tried Ceramic Metal Halide? It's like the LED of the HID world. CMH users swear by them and they're only 315w each.

Ok so heres my first grow home. Cobbled together from what i had laying around but hit serious temp problems.
420-magazine-mobile1890962072.jpg
420-magazine-mobile504237925.jpg

Next is my first upgrade to a tent...
420-magazine-mobile2101169830.jpg
420-magazine-mobile66176386.jpg

And finally the set up i am using now...
420-magazine-mobile1552318771.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1366561375.jpg

I just upgrade whenever funds become available.

Thanks man. There were a few other iterations in there but they didnt last long enough to get pictures taken. Lol im pretty happy with what i have now... Maybe a perfect sun led to replace my old ass mars lights but they do the trick paired up with the 400w hid.
I dont think i can squeeze more than this 4x2 tent out of my better half. Lol she already says i take up a lot of room with all my water jugs and other accessories. So until we buy a house this is as big as its going to get.

Have you tried Ceramic Metal Halide? It's like the LED of the HID world. CMH users swear by them and they're only 315w each.

:bong: You know how it is...today hps, tomorrow led, monday who knows..probably cmh .:laughtwo:..My thinking is that I just want to add some more flower power when in bloom and you can't argue with the results of flowering with hps. Just so simple.

:bong: You know how it is...today hps, tomorrow led, monday who knows..probably cmh .:laughtwo:..My thinking is that I just want to add some more flower power when in bloom and you can't argue with the results of flowering with hps. Just so simple.

So true.
Just waiting for those quantum entanglement lights to come out. Grow in two different locations with one light. Lol.

So true.
Just waiting for those quantum entanglement lights to come out. Grow in two different locations with one light. Lol.

OMG....:rofl::rofl::rofl: So true.....:laughtwo::laughtwo::tokin:

I think I have decided on ordering a HTG 150 hps, put that in before I flip for my two heavily trained photo plants.
Affordability ;););)

OMG....:rofl::rofl::rofl: So true.....:laughtwo::laughtwo::tokin:

I think I have decided on ordering a HTG 150 hps, put that in before I flip for my two heavily trained photo plants.
Affordability ;););)

With a tent between 3x3 and 4x4 that's all you'll ever need. Get it with the AgroMax bulb with enhanced blue spectrum. You'll get tighter veg node spacing and denser buds in bloom.
Easily blow off a 15 plant, 12 week micro grow in a 2x4 with that baby. Pull in 3 pounds in 12 weeks easy.

Back
Top Bottom