Show signs of sex in vegetative cycle?

I absolutely agree, that's why I let this girl veg longer after she showed her pre flowers. She's at Day 49 since germination now and as full as she is, I'm ready to flower her.

Tomorrow I start to flush with pH adjusted water for a day, then add the bloom nutes and turn the lights off for 36 hrs before changing the timer to 12/12. The flash has things a little bright but with the brightness of the light (400W CMH), a fill flash is really necessary or she looks too dark in the pictures.

Here's a pic from today. She is a beauty!
P31500021.JPG

i'v never done the 36hr dark before flipping, do you know of any grow journals where people have done it? i'd like to see how they react to it.

i'v never done the 36hr dark before flipping, do you know of any grow journals where people have done it? i'd like to see how they react to it.

Haven't seen grow journals doing it but then I haven't read many grow journals. It is discussed in a "transition from vegging to flowering" thread in the hydroponics forum here on 420 Transition from veg to flowering. It is also recommended in the Jorge Cervantes book as the way to make the plant flip quicker to flowering. Cervantes is the first place I've heard of it.

People who do it report good results.

Nibec, whats up bro, what a nice looking lady you have there! I have read about the 36 hr lights out before flipping, I couldn't remember if it was before flipping or harvest that they did the lights out, so it must have been before flipping, it sounded promising, just do a search in the journals section, if you don't find it there check veg or flower stage forums...:peace:

Before harvest too. I always give it at least 24 hours of dark before chopping. But I haven't done before flipping, I'll try it on my next flip

OK, so last evening, the light came back on (400W CMH) after 36 hrs off and she was flushing in just pH adjusted water the entire time. I was concerned because when I saw her last evening, all of the new growth (essentially new tops) were starting to yellow. I thought OK, she used all of her internal nutes and was looking for more.

I adjusted pH again, mixed in the bloom nutes, and she finished her 12 hrs of light on at 8AM this morning. I checked her tonight 2 hrs after light on & wow, what a difference from last night. She is taking off again. All of the yellowing is gone & the new tops are now light green and they had all grown at least an inch since I checked her last evening. I have a chiller on order to keep my solution temps down but have been using frozen pint bottles in the bucket every day until it comes & I can install it.

Anyhow, she's taking off again. Good thing I moved her back down away from the light because I think she's going to get pretty big. She's still drinking 1/2 gal daily and with the bloom nutes, she's back to sucking down 100-150ppm per day.

Here is one of tonight's pics:

P3180001.JPG

:thumb:

never had any difference when doing this.. The biggest factor on inducing plants to flower is their maturity.. The plant has to be old enough and throwing preflowers before it will flower properly. I find the longer I have my mothers, the quicker they flower as they get older

No grow journals but it is listed in the Jorge Cervantes bible on pg 164. It supposedly helps to flip the plant into flowering mode much quicker by triggering the plant's survival mechanism so that it actually starts putting on buds much quicker after flipping the lights to 12/12.

Here she is last evening shortly after the light came back on for 12.

P3190001.JPG

Re: show signs of sex in vegetative cycle??

ok thanks Mcbudz
your a gentleman and scholar! and oh ya
you rule!.. :allgood:
Re: show signs of sex in vegetative cycle??

yay! my best plant a female!!
so does this mean i have to flower them soon??
i wanna veg a while longer ,, only 7 inches tall,,
i actually was thinking of keeping this one a mother plant,,
can i not do that now,, will it just start flowering now,, or just showing sex but won't flower and will still stay in veg,,

oh ya also if some other ones show signs of males do i have to worry about them pollinating the females whilst still in vegeation??
I'm at 41 days from sprout but 18/6 Organic...Still nothing but thick boy...It's My Outdoor Seeds That Grow Dam Near In The Dark..Never had a full Sunny spot to plant...Waiting on hairs or balls or something...

Attachments

• IMG_20200421_115427.jpg
    IMG_20200421_115427.jpg
    938 KB · Views: 55
can plants show signs of sex in veg cycle?
this plant is 31 days old on 24 hrs light,,
are these signs of sex?
sorry bout pics is best i can do with 5mp camera and cheap magnifier,,
rsz_picture_048.jpg

rsz_picture_049.jpg

rsz_1picture_0502.jpg

looks like little pods there with couple hairs coming out don't it?
that mean male,,cause of pods,, or female cause of hairs,, or nothing just there on all plants,,??
Very grateful for this post.
Saved me a lot of time and effort.
I have had a plant in veg for over 4 months and she just started showing those.
Have to wait until the 1st to get my grow tent for flowering.
I have 3 fresh plants that need to stay in the veg tent.

Attachments

• mango4_21.jpg
    mango4_21.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom