Pre flowers too early on photoperiod plant-wrong light cycle

Rawpow

420 Member
Guys my euphoria show sex female but is damn soon in my opinions n 4 week in veg..
They are photoperiod and because i have to move ve them outdoor i planned to decrease (not yet she is under 12/12) slowly the hours to 9(cos they can have nine house of direct sunlight). I not to early for showing sex?if this means that she's start to flowering it will be a problem cos she is still very small!i have to wait for put her outdoor? My cfl is agro type so for the full cycle..
What have i do?please help!

Now i won put them under 18/6 ...
But now with 18/6 there is a risk of hermaphroditism or slow / deformed growth even if I immediately caught the error and the flowers still in the are not forming?thanks

Ps sorry for my bad English i m italian ;)

Hi @Rawpow and welcome to the forum!:welcome:
The 12/12 lighting caused flowering to start. It is no problem, because now under 18/6 the flowering will stop and veg will continue. There is very little risk of hermaphroditism because plants still in veg still adjust to whatever we do to them... weird lighting patterns, chopping and training them, and they just adapt and keep on going. It is during bloom that they can freak out if something is not right and hermi on you.

Photoperiod plants will show their sex in 4-5 weeks. Presenting us with a few pistils is NOT flowering... it is simply getting ready for flowering. You can run her under 18/6 lighting and keep her vegging for several months if you wish to and let her grow into huge containers of soil if you like. There is NO risk of slow or deformed growth by keeping her in 18/6 and your previous mistake should not matter this early in the grow.

The 12/12 lighting caused flowering to start. It is no problem, because now under 18/6 the flowering will stop and veg will continue. There is very little risk of hermaphroditism because plants still in veg still adjust to whatever we do to them... weird lighting patterns, chopping and training them, and they just adapt and keep on going. It is during bloom that they can freak out if something is not right and hermi on you.

Photoperiod plants will show their sex in 4-5 weeks. Presenting us with a few pistils is NOT flowering... it is simply getting ready for flowering. You can run her under 18/6 lighting and keep her vegging for several months if you wish to and let her grow into huge containers of soil if you like. There is NO risk of slow or deformed growth by keeping her in 18/6 and your previous mistake should not matter this early in the grow.
Thank you very very much for this

I have to thank you very much for your kind and above all exhaustive answer.
you removed many doubts that I had left and reassured me because it would have been a real shame to lose a plant like this: very little yield and short life cycle (since it is a photoperiod variety).
I have already planned everything and managed without effort to give it 18 hours of light :).
Thanks again for welcome me in this site even if maybe I did not introduce myself well ... but I had this problem and so I immediately asked for help.
you were precise and reassuring! I wish you a good day
greetings from the beautiful Italy

hello sorry if I disturb you. but I wanted to ask you now it's a week since I changed the light from 12/12 to 18/6 but the plant continues to show pistils (it continues to grow a lot even in height) on the new shoots of the branches ..
is this normal? the plant is reacting well? or simply the flowering was already started and even with the light change not
is it possible to make it vegetate again?thank you very much

1621841788476328445118.jpg

16218418070651826466737.jpg

16218418363182136892921.jpg

Plant looks good. Nothing to worry about. Just remember the plant will stretch when flowering and might end up quite tall if u veg for a long time.
Thanks for the reply!i know i know but the wrong light cycle have made her preflower too early
Is a photoperiod e now she have only 5 weeks and i Planned to move her outdoor soon so she can reach flowering with more "natural time"...i want re veg her cos this early flowering is been an error and happened too early :)

Give her time she will reveg. Thats just the growth that started on the 12/12 .
So this pistils are just the "Remaining" 12/12 ok
I have the fear thet even if i caught the problem very soon she's already in full bloom. But like you said i give her time and the in June i move her outdoor whit 16 hours length of days and she continue to veg?until the hours slowly reduce whit the coming of autumn in mid aug-sept?

research super crop. Some people put there ladies in to bloom and out for better yeild.Some to sex the plant.
Your be fine just might take a week or two for true reveg. Outside cant see that being a problem IF u want to pop her outside june. she will just grow in veg till sunlight is down to 12/12 etc.

I Understand :) thanks a lot!

Ps:i know about this technique but i did it without any consciousness ahaha

Back
Top Bottom