Sick plant

KatieCurby

I have a small plant that's about 1 month and 3 weeks old...it hasn't gotten bigger then about 5inches!! The leaves are small. Stem is purple and leaves turning a very pale yellow from the bottom up and starting to effect the new growth. The surface temperature of plant is like 80 -85 unfortunately that's as low as I can get it. I have two 44 wat cfls above it and one 55 wat to the side. also two 23 wat cfls on the other side. They are about 3 or 4 inches from any lights. Too much light possibly? Humidity usually stays around 40-60. I give it cal mag and flora series about a qtr strength with regular water every other feeding. Ph is usually 6- 6.5 and run off is always the same as feeding. Any suggestions??? There are brown tips and the first set of leaves curled up in distorted and brown! I am starting three more but I am trying to figure out what I did wrong before I mess those ones up to! Any insight would be killer thanks!

I have a small plant that's about 1 month and 3 weeks old...it hasn't gotten bigger then about 5inches!! The leaves are small. Stem is purple and leaves turning a very pale yellow from the bottom up and starting to effect the new growth. The surface temperature of plant is like 80 -85 unfortunately that's as low as I can get it. I have two 44 wat cfls above it and one 55 wat to the side. also two 23 wat cfls on the other side. They are about 3 or 4 inches from any lights. Too much light possibly? Humidity usually stays around 40-60. I give it cal mag and flora series about a qtr strength with regular water every other feeding. Ph is usually 6- 6.5 and run off is always the same as feeding. Any suggestions??? There are brown tips and the first set of leaves curled up in distorted and brown! I am starting three more but I am trying to figure out what I did wrong before I mess those ones up to! Any insight would be killer thanks!
how often do you water, what tells you it is time to water, and how much water do you give it each time?

-Have you transplanted? it could be getting suffocated.
-75-80 is an optimum temperature.
-Keep them at ALL times 18in away from the light, cfl's get hot and will burn your plants.
-Humidity needs to stay at a 50.
-Don't give nutrients to them until there at LEAST 12 in tall, if you do you will get nutrient burn.

will post pics asap. I water about every three days I stick my finger about an inch deep in and if it is dry I water! I give it like a 4th of a gallon or pour until I get like a qtr run off. I am growing in coco and perlite and I picked a piece of my erlite from the bottom of the container (3 gal) and it was lime green!!

yellow_leaves5.jpg
yellow_leaves5.jpg

my best guess... immediately go to full strength nutes and keep that coco soaked, watering 2 times a day, topping it off each time. In order to be able to do this without drowning your plants, put a fishtank bubbler in your water and oxygenate it. Only having read about growing in coco and having watched a couple of videos, I believe this is how it is done. I do hope a real expert comes this way soon to correct me if I am wrong.

Back
Top Bottom