Simple Organic nutrients? Is this enough for my girls?

urmom

I have 4 gal containers filled with organic soil cut with 15% perlite and 15% vermiculite. I added 1/2 cup dry Budswell (guano co.) to the top 4 inches and watered it in with 1 gal water spiked with 4 tablespoons of Alaska 5-1-1 fish. I made the additions today (15 Sept) and do not plan on transplanting into this soil until 01 October, so that should give it time to really start working up some activity. Is this going to be enough for the girls? I plan on giving them a light tea at the 4th week of flowering, and just allowing the soil activity to feed them. Is this sound practice? Should I be giving them more to eat?

I started germination on 08 Sept, all 9 were up on 11 Sept. They are in 6" pots under a 400w dimmed to 250 (MH) and I plan on going to 400 next week (???). I will go to 12/12 the 1st of October due to time constraints (holidays/family), giving myself 10 weeks to flower and a week to dry/cure. I may get lucky and have them finish in 55-65 days instead...I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I would like to get some advice and feedback on my nutrient plan though...I know there are people here with a bit of indoor experience...

Any help?

Your plan sounds ok. In my humble opinion I would add a product called Azomite its a mineral that has all kinds of trace elements. This will
help ward off any micro deficiencies. I would make a lite tea from compost,worm castings,molasses and water it in your soil and let it cook.
Make sure you add a layer of non cooked soil to act as a buffer zone to let roots get adjusted because this soil is very alive.
After transplant just let the plants tell you what they want. After a couple of waterings you could give them a lite compost tea.
If your plants react in a positive manner then keep giving them some tea. If the growth slows or they start to get a lot of yellowing leaves
at the bottom of the plant moving up thats when you need to feed them something organic to give them a boost.
FYI the azomite is applied at a rate of half cup per 1.5 cubic feet of soil.
I hope this helps you some. If you have any more questions just ask.
:high-five:Good luck, Gittergreen

Next time you need help or have questions post them in the organic growers sub forum or my current journal. This will get more responses. The link to my journal is in my signature!:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom