Simple, straightforward, drying and curing step by step guide

DreamingTrees7

Hello my fellow stoners and cultivators! I have been scouring the internet and overworking my search bars trying to find a simple, easy to understand guide to drying and curing my weed.
So far every guide I look at is filled with too much extra and I end up more confused than before I read it because there is so many unnecessary rabbit trails in the guides.
I am interested in the brown paper bag fridge crisper method as it doesn’t require me to buy any extra supplies and I want to choose paper instead of plastic for once when I’m checking out at the grocery store.

Anybody Know a simple, easy to understand link or just type a few steps out to follow?

Don’t forget to keep it simple lol
:lot-o-toke:

Drying and curing are still my biggest challenges, but the basics are fairly simple.

1) Don't dry too quickly
2) Don't under dry (mold)
3) Be attentive, yet patient

The rest is details. The brown paper bag is a good method. Depends on the environment you plan to dry/cure the buds. Dark, cool, regulated humidity is ideal.

:goodluck:

Thanks @Blew Hiller im gonna check out that link. this is what I think I’m supposed to do, tell me if I’m wrong.....

So oxygen and light are the enemy. Keeping that in mind continue as follows?

1. dry buds by hanging or in a rack in a grow tent type environment with humidity at about 55% rh?

2. Cut into smaller pieces and loosely fill the bottom of a brown paper bag?

3. Seal the brown paper bag loosely with dried buds in the bottom?

4. Put sealed brown paper bag in the crisper vegetable drawer of refrigerator?

5. Check and stir buds inside paper bag daily ?

6. When the buds are crispy and the stems snap put them into air tight jars?

7. Burp jars daily to allow moisture/air exchange?

8. Eventually I won’t have to burp the jars?
There is no right way, but there are those few no-nos I listed.

I trim off the major fan leaves and then throw the stalks (cut into 12-16" lengths) into paper bags...leaving them half full so I can gently give them a shake every day...if the RH is above 45%, I usually don't even begin looking at them for 4-5 days. If they are looking good, I then trim off all the buds and throw them back either in the paper bag or into 1/2 gallon mason jars (open and on their side, half full)...I have also learned the hard way to just chop my larger buds into smaller pieces (I lost a whole plant almost in cure trying to keep "big nugs"). When the buds are cut from the stalk and in smaller pieces they will begin to dry more evenly and this is where you need to be attentive...every day you need to see if they are too dry...or not drying enough. If I am unsure, I close the lid on the mason jar and let is sit overnight...you'll know in the morning the true dryness of that bud, because if it is still too moist it will feel like it after a night sitting in a sealed jar. I usually leave them in the jars (mostly open, sometimes closed overnight) for about 10-14 days before I am confident to keep them in the jar full time (closed). I have used Boveda 62% packs and they are handy, but I am also trying to get good enough w/o them.

I’m starting to get my head wrapped around the paper bag method. I just realized that I’m supposed to start off drying in the paper bag to keep them from drying to fast. What @Blew Hiller just said really made sense to me. I’m going to try the paper bag method and try one batch in the fridge and one batch room temperature.
Ed Rosenthal says that the cannabinoid myrcene evaporates at 68 Fahrenheit so keeping it in the refrigerator might help retain cannabinoids and flavors.

Back
Top Bottom