Small ac units?

Cwmoore577

Hello all,
I’ve got a 2x4 tent in which I run the 250 watt Series 2+ Red Spec from budgetled. I also just ordered a 2nd light which is their 130 watt Series 3+ Full Spec.

With the 250 watt alone, I struggled to keep my temperatures under 80-82F. I had foxtailling and some problems with heat stress with my last harvest so I'd like to keep the temps a bit lower. I do run a 4in exhaust fan, a 4in intake fan as well as a oscillating fan. I would look at upgrading my fans to a 6in but the problem is that it exhausts into the closet that the tent is in so it just recirculates heat.

So I was looking for some kind of small ac unit to either run inside the tent or inside the closet that the tent is in. Does anyone run something similar or have suggestions on what kind to look for?

Never mind the heater but thats how i have my ac setup for my 2x2 tent. Idealy i would say you would want the ac outside of the tent and have the cold air go in. even if the hot air from the ac has a exhust that goes outside, the AC equipments do make additional heat.

2020-05-27 07.47.05.jpg

Mini splits are pretty cool, no doubt. I'm running 50 tons of them. If you do go with a mini split, be SURE you get one with inverter technology. This really ups the ante, as the compressors are truly "variable speed", meaning if you had a 2 ton system, it can run EFFECIENTLY at 1 ton or anything in between, depending upon heat load.
This said, you mentioned a tent. A mini split probably isnt the best option for you.
Two ways I see you can pull this off.
1. If you can maintain the room where the tent is at say 72 deg, and you can EXCHANGE enough air from the tent (room to tent) you can probably get by. Just realize the stinky wont be confined to the tent.
2. Get a roll around AC unit. You can put it in the tent (if you have the room) and vent the exhaust outside
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom