Smoking, sampling male top: Anybody? Ever?

pending

Have posted previously about the only ever `one toke weed'~ type of hit I've ever had came from sampling male tops in full pre-flower a couple of weeks prior to flowering.. It was really surprising how potent the growing tips, :no bigger than the size of a half dollar on the fan leaves on the tip, would be.. My/our first grow was quite ambitious 30 years ago.. We started (168) seeds collected over YEARS and put (132) to flower in (32) five gallon buckets.. After culling males ,hermies and a couple of really leggy Sativa's & hybrids we finished with (68) girls in 23 containers.. Well over a dozen varieties.. Learned to clone in the four to six weeks between starting seeds and starting flowering..
We sampled ever male top in the garden choosing our males..
:chose the...
:Earliest to flower..
: Most vigorous..
:Obvious Indica's..
:Best buzz..

Now to finish off my thought.. Any of y'all find you can't seem to finish a set without making seeds?? Flowered this last set (3) times trying o get a nice flower before I succeeded and got some decent weed.. Made about a hundred seeds too.. laters :0

Have posted previously about the only ever `one toke weed'~ type of hit I've ever had came from sampling male tops in full pre-flower a couple of weeks prior to flowering.. It was really surprising how potent the growing tips, :no bigger than the size of a half dollar on the fan leaves on the tip, would be.. My/our first grow was quite ambitious 30 years ago.. We started (168) seeds collected over YEARS and put (132) to flower in (32) five gallon buckets.. After culling males ,hermies and a couple of really leggy Sativa's & hybrids we finished with (68) girls in 23 containers.. Well over a dozen varieties.. Learned to clone in the four to six weeks between starting seeds and starting flowering..

Now to finish off my thought.. Any of y'all find you can't seem to finish a set without making seeds?? Flowered this last set (3) times trying o get a nice flower before I succeeded and got some decent weed.. Made about a hundred seeds too.. laters :0

I have only hermied once with some bag seed, but since I’ve been getting feminized genetics from a decent seed bank I don’t have seed problems unless I beat the plants like a red-headed step-child with heat, pests, or some environmental factor and let it get way too far out of control for way too long. Maybe you have a pollen stash somewhere? I don’t know how long it’s viable, but I went ‘full anal’ on the grow room after the hermie incident to make sure I didn’t have any pollen. Took days of cleaning but no problems since. HTH.

I have grown hermies since the 80 when I grew outside, my current grow is from hermi. I find if I use the female pollen on a non hermie female they produce a more stable seed that is less prone it hermi. I do a combination of HST LST topping extreme defoliation, with no hermie-ing. But they are very sensitive to light fluctuations.

Somehow confused some people.. Shoulda started with `Just finished my first grow after (30+) years.. I got no hermi issues.. No matter how many gardens I run, no matter how many sets of flowers I push thru.. I can't bring my self to shut down till I've made some seeds from my best candidates.. The above is just me musing about my first garden.. circa: 1989et.

Back
Top Bottom