Are these male flowers on top on this bud?

jcool09

This is a shot of a Pineapple Express auto in the 5th week of flowering. Resin glands are present but have not proliferated the flowers yet so I am expecting at least 2 more weeks until she finishes. Three days ago I noticed these clusters of yellow growth at the top of several of my most developed buds. The color makes me worry that they are male flowers although they do not appear to be developing into male flowers. It is probably too soon to tell but I will be closely monitoring these buds and will post follow-up photos to show what happens. Has anyone seen this behavior on the bud tips of a female plant before?

2012-10-23_11-48-30_181.jpg

Here is the same pic with the 180W LED turned on. It took me a bit to detect this issue as the yellow color is masked by the purple LED lighting.

2012-10-23_11-49-20_861.jpg

I'm fairly certain that these are dense clusters of female flowers

I was worried there at first but I have been monitoring the situation and it appears that the growth on this top (and other most developed tops) is a dense cluster of female flower growth. Here is an updated photo from today- it's a pistil-fest up there :thumb: :

2012-10-26_15-07-24_866.jpg

Sweet

It looks like my La Diva Auto that was bleached from being to close to the LED it was under. How far away are your lights?

Hey HMG, thanks for taking a look. The lights are about 1.5" from the tops but is super bright in there with a 250W MH and 180W LED in my 2x2 tent. The webcam I am using is not a great camera and even with the brightness turned down to the minimum but the color and detail still washes out on the very top. The tops are actually bright yellow but you can't see it that well in the photo.

Just check below buds for male flowers. Its not a sharp enough and detailed pic to give a certified answer but i thhink it looks ok from her. Try take some pics at bottom of buds with a flash and tops wen out of tent. then get back to me.

I think it's OK- a false alarm- the yellow color freaked me out. These areas seem to be dense areas of female flowers. I have about a week left, here's an updated shot of the PE auto in the front under the LED and the Gigabud vegging out after her 2nd defoliaton under the MH in in the background.

2012-10-29_20-04-24_008.jpg

Back
Top Bottom