Smoking shake?

GAME

I was browsing CL and I saw an ad for an ounce of shake, so I was curious and clicked on it, and he wants $120 for it and says its great to roll blunts and joints with or just cook with it.

I know some people will cook with their left over cuttings, but I never knew people rolled blunts and joints with it. Does anyone on here do that, and does it actually work? I was thinking for just a bit more than double that price you could just get an oz of some really high grade stuff that will send you to the moon.

:rollit:

1. Don't buy bud on Craig's List
2. Shake is better to smoke because there's more surface area exposed...similar to how grinding your bud is better than smoking a dense nug

1. Don't buy bud on Craig's List
2. Shake is better to smoke because there's more surface area exposed...similar to how grinding your bud is better than smoking a dense nug

Nah, out here all the dispensaries, caregivers, growers and just people with extra MMJ advertise on CL...its not your typical postings that people associate with CL.

So smoking shake is good huh? Ill have to try it.

Whoh.

OK!

Just my opinion, but hey, that's what this forum is for, right?

I would never pay for shake!

Shake is generally just fan leaves and tiny buds.

The average THC content of shake would probably be only 1-2% total, now that is just a guess but I suspect I'm in the right range.

Even really bad bud has at least a few percentage points of THC, say 3 to 5%. Good bud has 10 to 20%, sometimes more -- big difference.

So, right there you see why folks are not doing much with fan leaves except mulching them -- they contain almost no THC, and the taste is terrible.

Also, more than $100 for an ounce of shake is highway robbery of the highest order. $20 to $50 an ounce perhaps, but more than that is too much.

Now, if by shake they mean mostly smaller underbuds, with only some leaf thrown in, that would be fine, but most of the time shake means just that, and it's the absolute left-overs of the trimming process. It's good for baking, but for smoking it tastes very bad, in comparison to even a scrawny, outdoor bud.

:goodluck: and :peacetwo:

Ya, I wouldnt buy that shit for the price he wants, Id get it from a buddy that just tosses it or my own. I was just curious about it though since I saw what he had posted.

Sorry, I guess shake doesn't mean what I thought it did haha

I definitely wouldn't pay for leaves and whatnot

They might mean the bud fragments that are left at the bottom of a container of bud when you empty it. Some people call that shake.

:peace:

Yep, around here shake is usually the crumbs left in the bottom of a bag. If that's what the add refers to, $120 for an Oz. is not unreasonable, assuming it weed was half-decent to begin with and the seller had the decency to clean out the seeds and stems.

Shake isnt bad, if that is what you are buying, it is those unexpected times when you have to dump your dealer because your asking for nugs and they sell you shake. lol. I always try to have a good relationship with my dealer but I never make my dealer my friend. Well one time I did, and when I ask for 2.5 grams he brings over 1.5 ounces to show me and we get busted. Pretty scary having 3 cops searching through all your shit.

Depends on whether it's outdoor grown weed or indoor,IMO.

Indoor weed normally doesn't get enough light penetration to make much of the lower leaf worthwhile. Outdoor grown weed is a whole other thing. Shake and sidebud from any halfway decent THC producing strain grown outdoors is well worth smoking. In fact much of what's sold as mids across the country is small,low on the plant,outdoor bud. The only leaf not worth your time outdoors are the low fan leaves. The bud leaf and leaf from the rest of the plant makes nice pliable joint rolling material.

I live in an outdoor growing region. The top bud is shipped out as soon as it's dried and cured. Shake and side bud is what we locals smoke. Eighty to one hundred and forty bucks is what it runs. Standard two to four hit weed.

A little tip on buying the stuff. Make sure it's fully dry before you buy. That sandwich bag full of untrimmed slightly damp side bud sold as an ounce can shrink down to about a third of it's weight in under a week in a dry house.

Ok, I guess its not trim, its the "shake" off the buds from curing in the bins his new ad says.

Back
Top Bottom