So many?'s GDP

voucher

I have lots of questions about my GDP's. When should I top them? How much bigger will they get once I start flowering? I know it's debatable, but LST or topping? how many Cola's will I get with LST? This is my first grow and everyone has been really helpful. Here is a pic of my ladies. Let me know if you need more.

IMAG02757.jpg

Hi voucher,

Regarding the lighting, you will get better results using 600w HPS. CFLs will work, but not as well.

Whether you top them or LST them is a personal decision. I've done both and prefer to FIM them simply because I'm lazy and don't want to tie down hundreds of plants.

How long you plan to veg them is a consideration. If you're in a hurry, then LST will get you faster results. The branches are already there. Once you tie them down they'll fairly immediately start heading toward the light.

If you top them (FIM) then it's a waiting game for the new branches to start growing.

Your veg time will also determine how many colas you'll have. Given a super long veg, you can get 10, 50, 100, and more.

:peace:

Thank you Acesfull for your answers.
Well, here's my lighting situation. I started off running a 250w MH bulb when I first got these clones. I had to switch to 92w of CFL to help combat heat issues. I just switched back to the 250w MH bulb and I need to decide on my next option. Money is a little tight, but I can swing 168w worth of CFLs or buy a 220w HPS conversion bulb with my 250w MH ballast. The conversion bulb and the CFLs will cost about the same. The temps are much cooler now, only getting to about 70 with my light on.

I was comparing 600w to CFL in my recommendation without regard for heat issues. I have never used a conversion bulb, but if it compares to a regular HPS bulb and you can handle the heat, I'd go that route. You'll get better penetration assuming it performs as a normal HPS.

:peace:

Cooler weather and some funds let me move up to a digital ballast 600w system. My next move is to make a carbon filter of some type and hook it to a 6" fan and take advantage of the air cooling hood.
I'm also going 12/12 now after I put them in the dark for 30 hours. I guess all my next posts are going to be down one section from here on out.
Here are some pictures of how everything looks now. Did some LST as well as some trimming and spraying down with H2O2 to help get rid of some mold.
Thank you everyone for all your help getting me this far.
IMAG03483.jpg

IMAG03517.jpg

IMAG03527.jpg

Back
Top Bottom