SOG method grow op. 1000w or 600w

vangs

im growing sog style grow. all the plants will be no larger than 20inches at their tallest. i wil be using 6000w in total.

will 1000w reflectors be better because of the larger footprint? even though they will need to be 24inches away from the plants which isnt nessesary cuz the plnts are not tall.

or is a 600w reflector better because the 600w can be closer to the plants and it is still strong enough to penetrate to the bottom of the plant. the coverage will be smaller. but i can use 10 600w setups instead of 6 1000w setups. but i wanted to hear opinions and reviews from other growers with experience under their belt..

Bulb size normally dominates hanging distance from plant, the larger the bulb the greater the distance this is down to heat generated from bigger bulbs !

Ya don't want heat stress do ya ?

Larger reflectors are aviable & normally assoicated with 600w/1000w bulbs & yes they do put down a much bigger light foot print than the normal standard sized reflectors.

Runnig that many bulbs will require air cooled hoods tho due to massive heat generated by bulbs...

I do believe there are some discussions about multiply 600w bulbs out performing 1000w bulbs tho... but thats home work for ya :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom