Soil Regeneration

Permit

As a soil grower i have used Fox Farm products as well as others and have always just added the used soil to my yard. As the cost of good garden soil has increased i was wondering if there is any way to regenerate the soil that i can use if for future grows. Thanks for any advise...........

I re use my ocean for my outdoor grows. I have a large gas powered driving tiller that i use. I just dump all the pots and use my cat to move the soil into a flat pie and run the tiller over it multiple times to break all the roots up and till some amendments and new perlite in. I will add some new ocean in too. For my beds/trenches i just dump some amendments/perlite on top and run the tiller down them a few times. Works great, I have use the soil for up to 3 seasons before i do a complete fresh batch with great results. For indoor I always use fresh soil every run but I'm sure it would be ok if i did the same to it as i do to my outdoor. I use my leftover indoor soil for my veggie garden or for next seasons out door. I use to use seabird guano, bone meal, and blood meal for my amendments but now i just use botanicares veg amendment with great results and its easier to use.

Back
Top Bottom