Some crunch time help needed

Makeminefullgrown

Hello everyone…thanks in advance for taking the time to help me out. I’m nearing the finish line of my first indoor grow. I grew quite a bit outdoors but that was many yrs ago and the two experiences couldn’t be more different. Anyway, I’m having a few issues and need some input.
The facts: growing 3 super skunk autos under a HLG 320XL…320watt led. Plants are in 3gal fabrics, 100% Ocean Forest.
For the first 6 weeks or so, I only gave water and some recharge. Once flowering got going I fed very light doses of Fox Farms bottled bloom nutes.
I had some typical burned tips and yellowing here and there but nothing extreme.
Right now the plants are in day 92 since sprout. For the past 3-4 weeks they constantly look like they’ll finish up in a week or two…..progress has been slow. The breeder timeline, which I know is BS, said 65-75 days….which has long ago passed.
About a week ago the buds started spitting out new white stigmas that are huge thick strands. The calyces are swollen and showing some foxtailing.
I was concerned that they would never finish so I reduced the light intensity a notch, cut my temps, and reduced the light schedule from 18/6 to 16/8, in an effort to cause the plant to finish up. I did all of this 3/4 days ago.
As u can see from the pics there’s a ton of white hairs still showing. I’ve looked at the trichs often and there are a good number of cloudy ones with a random amber here and there…..lots of clear still left as well.
I’ve cut way back on nutes and the last couple of feedings only given a tiny dose of Big Bloom + molasses.
One last thing and I think I may have screwed up big time….about a week ago I took off a pile of big fan leaves. I think this may have stressed them b/c I found 2 nanners yesterday. I plucked and haven’t seen anymore.
My plan was to titrate down the feedings until the buds were totally ripe, then only give water the last watering before they go into 2-3 days of darkness.
By the way, all 3 plants are the same strain from the same seed pack but one plant is very different. Also, on and at the very bottoms of my pots there are salt rings (I guess). I try to wait until the soil is totally dry and pots are light before watering. The top of the soil gets bone dry before the bottoms…which I guess is suspected.
If these were your plants what would u do next?? Thanks again for chiming in.
7D183C7D-D1AD-4CC6-9088-24D374928461.png
2459CC04-622C-4EB6-B762-07DF623FA2E8.jpeg
BC189C9A-12D0-4250-9537-75313A388FB9.jpeg
F3FB2509-4A03-4229-8BF0-FACEEF407EBE.jpeg

Hello everyone…thanks in advance for taking the time to help me out. I’m nearing the finish line of my first indoor grow. I grew quite a bit outdoors but that was many yrs ago and the two experiences couldn’t be more different. Anyway, I’m having a few issues and need some input.
The facts: growing 3 super skunk autos under a HLG 320XL…320watt led. Plants are in 3gal fabrics, 100% Ocean Forest.
For the first 6 weeks or so, I only gave water and some recharge. Once flowering got going I fed very light doses of Fox Farms bottled bloom nutes.
I had some typical burned tips and yellowing here and there but nothing extreme.
Right now the plants are in day 92 since sprout. For the past 3-4 weeks they constantly look like they’ll finish up in a week or two…..progress has been slow. The breeder timeline, which I know is BS, said 65-75 days….which has long ago passed.
About a week ago the buds started spitting out new white stigmas that are huge thick strands. The calyces are swollen and showing some foxtailing.
I was concerned that they would never finish so I reduced the light intensity a notch, cut my temps, and reduced the light schedule from 18/6 to 16/8, in an effort to cause the plant to finish up. I did all of this 3/4 days ago.
As u can see from the pics there’s a ton of white hairs still showing. I’ve looked at the trichs often and there are a good number of cloudy ones with a random amber here and there…..lots of clear still left as well.
I’ve cut way back on nutes and the last couple of feedings only given a tiny dose of Big Bloom + molasses.
One last thing and I think I may have screwed up big time….about a week ago I took off a pile of big fan leaves. I think this may have stressed them b/c I found 2 nanners yesterday. I plucked and haven’t seen anymore.
My plan was to titrate down the feedings until the buds were totally ripe, then only give water the last watering before they go into 2-3 days of darkness.
By the way, all 3 plants are the same strain from the same seed pack but one plant is very different. Also, on and at the very bottoms of my pots there are salt rings (I guess). I try to wait until the soil is totally dry and pots are light before watering. The top of the soil gets bone dry before the bottoms…which I guess is suspected.
If these were your plants what would u do next?? Thanks again for chiming in.
7D183C7D-D1AD-4CC6-9088-24D374928461.png
2459CC04-622C-4EB6-B762-07DF623FA2E8.jpeg
BC189C9A-12D0-4250-9537-75313A388FB9.jpeg
F3FB2509-4A03-4229-8BF0-FACEEF407EBE.jpeg
Hey @Makeminefullgrown cool screen name.
Welcome to 420magazine my friend. :woohoo:
First thing don't take their leaves they needs them to finish for you.
Keep feeding feeding ,you will make it to harvest no problem.
What your looking for is all the white pistols to crinkle in and turn red.
Then they are done flowering and building for you.
Then check tric's.
Clear/cloudy energetic feeling.
Cloudy/amber more relaxed feeling.
Next run fill your pots your wasting valuable real estate on top of those pots.
Also a little lst nest time will give you an even canopy.
Good work Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill

Good news / bad news

the good news is fresh fluffy pistils means she’s still bulking up for you…. bad news = hurry up and wait - so yep patiently hold yer horses for a while longer.

they all came from same seed pack… however this is normal since each bean is a unique individual. 10 White Widow beans will not grow 10 identical plants… phenotypes at work

they all look great tho

welcome aboard

Great advice guys…thanks for the hand holding. It just blows my mind that it’s gonna take a good 16-17 weeks for these gals to finish up. I guess if conditions were different, say closer to ideal, maybe they would finish in 9-10 weeks as advertised.
As for the advice, patience is always tough direction to follow. Honestly I wasn’t the least bit in a hurry for the grow to end and have really enjoyed the hell out of it. But after spotting those 2 nanners it kinda freaked me out. I hope this late in the grow the odds of seeds having time to develop and be an issue is slim. A couple seeds isn’t the end of the world anyway.
I tell ya, growing in Ocean Forest has been a head scratching experience. The plants were transplanted into the current pots on day 13 and I’ve been blown away by the minimal additional nutes they’ve needed.
They are needing a watering today and I guess I’ll give them a fractional dose of Big Bloom. It’s organic and very diluted…..I think it’s 0–.7-.5 in composition. May also give them some fish sh!t or Recharge as well.
Thanks again for the advice…..I’ll keep u posted.

those are heavily sativa influenced plants friend,, those white pistols might go on forever,, sativas can do that.

a closer up pic of the trikes might help,,

but i say,, harvest them beauties before i come over and do it for you

they look great,, and if a touch early,, no worries either,, can be a good thing too

nice job friend,,harvest karma sent

They are all 3 super skunk strains….and supposedly indica leaning….go figure. Two of them are close to identical phenos and I was thinking they looked more like a sativa. One has some purple colors and is about a week behind the other. They were a lighter shade of green and their leaves, before I whacked em off, were a thinner bladed look.
The 3rd plant is the dankest and just has a better quality look to it. I failed to mention that it is 11 days younger than the other 2. I decided about a week into the grow that I had room for another….so I germed another seed and started it directly in the 3G pot. To me it looks like a classic indica. Very dark forest green with fatter leaves and more compact. Despite being younger it started flowering the same time as the other 2….which would have made it around 25 days old when it happened. That doesn’t give a grower much time to mess around.

Back when I grew outdoors we never chopped a plant if it still had white pistils. Of course that was 25yrs ago and we didn’t look at trichomes through a magnifying glass either.
I just examined the trichs and had a good look at the inside buds. All 3 plants have about a 50/50 mix of clear and cloudy trichs. Only saw a random amber here and there.
I’m gonna play it week to week and see how they respond to the cooler temps/lower rh….and the 16/8 light, down from 18/6.
The buds are hard as a rock and smell like a skunk orgy broke out at the gas station.
I have a feeling about 2 more weeks will be just what they need.

What’s your guess on dried weight of the grow?? FYI, the tallest colas are only 24” from the base of the main stem to the top of the cola. Only a few of the bottom small stuff is popcorn category. All the buds are surprisingly dense and very firm.
Anyway, lemme hear your estimates…..just for fun.

Depends how heavy she gets with resin, but I'd guess 12oz+
Oh, and :welcome:
Man I hope you never get a job at the Carnival guessing people’s ages and weight…..lol. Thanks for the response….and boy I would be tickled to death with 1/3 of that. That group pic does make the whole spread look much bigger than it is. U never know…..it may be more than I am thinking. Either way it’s gonna be sticky and stinky…..and that’s a good combination.

Man I hope you never get a job at the Carnival guessing people’s ages and weight…..lol. Thanks for the response….and boy I would be tickled to death with 1/3 of that. That group pic does make the whole spread look much bigger than it is. U never know…..it may be more than I am thinking. Either way it’s gonna be sticky and stinky…..and that’s a good combination.
You are 37 and weigh around 12 st, about 5' 10" height
A Capricorn who doesn't like meusli and prefers coffee to tea, also likes Coca Cola
You don't drink wines or spirits, but like a cold beer occasionally
Probably not keen on Rap music or Opera but loves Chilli Peppers and Bob Marley
How did I do?
Nah, you're right, I never won a sausage :cool:

That's gotta be 3-4 per plant by the time they have max frost - or are you taking them down early?

That's gotta be 3-4 per plant by the time they have max frost - or are you taking them down early?
Boy I hope you are right. And I’m not chopping until they are ripe. They are finishing up their 13th week and I’m guessing they are gonna need at least 2-3 more. The thing of it is, they started budding kinda early and moved along pretty good for the first 3-4 weeks of flowering. Then they just hit a wall and the progress has been painfully slow. I never expected ripe buds 9 weeks from seed, but these are curve busters. I’m sure I’m the one responsible for their slow pace but I’d like to know what I did so I can learn from it.
I’m anxious to start the next grow….and this time I will have my temps up in the 81-83f range. I ran these girls anywhere from 68 to 75f most of the time. I think I can get a lot more early growth with the higher temps.

My estimate is not crumble dust, 9-12 weeks @60% RH - I like it sticky icky icky outta the jar
Sativa traits are slow, but worth the wait - Jack Herer is the perfect balance for me
We have a new sponsor, @CoffeeShopSeeds which is worth a look if you're in the market for a Big Yield Auto

You are 37 and weigh around 12 st, about 5' 10" height
A Capricorn who doesn't like meusli and prefers coffee to tea, also likes Coca Cola
You don't drink wines or spirits, but like a cold beer occasionally
Probably not keen on Rap music or Opera but loves Chilli Peppers and Bob Marley
How did I do?
Nah, you're right, I never won a sausage :cool:
Damn U really are bad. Wrong on almost everything, except the music…..but u can’t get my musical tastes wrong b/c I listen to almost everything.
I’m 52, a Scorpio…..I quit drinking all alcohol 13 yrs ago…..was allergic to whiskey. I broke out in handcuffs.
As a matter of fact, I’ve only smoked MJ about 5-6 times in the last 13 yrs….that’s too long of a story to get into….but I want nothing more than to be able to. I always said the only way I was gonna start again was to grow my own.
They just legalized it here in Va. and I really enjoyed growing yrs ago, so I decided to let it rip.
I’ll be giving most of this grow to a few of my friends who have a sophisticated palate for fine bud.
So the one thing I’m not tempted to do is chop it early to have some smoke.
I have some Gelatos and Jack Herer autos waiting in the on deck circle….

Back
Top Bottom