Some Hydro ?'s.

hovo

what up fellow 420'ers. I just finished my first grow in soil and i decided i'm gonna do hydro. So i built my own drip system. I have a 33 gallon resevoir (new trash container) i got a thermometer in it, submersable pump and air stone attached to air pump. I plan to have it turn on 5 minutes twice a day, i'll increase feeding if necessary. I have ph meter and ppm meter, but i'm not sure how much nutrients to put in for new clones. Should i give them regular water for a bit and give em 1/4 str if they start to yellow a little. Also how long does the air pump need to be on, is it 24 hour or will a couple hours/ minutes be good enuf. I have the tubes and buckets and stuff all ready. I gotta go get some healthy clones today. I'll try get a picture up when i get the clones in.:Rasta:

You want to use 1/4 strength nutrients at first, and the pump can run for like 15 minutes on, 15 minutes off, 3 times a day

actually im not sure on the timings, i'm a more ebb/flow person

I have 12, 5 gallon buckets with big net pots that fit on like lid. i have that cocanut husk stuff to lay across top of large rockwool to prevent algae. i poked holes at 4 points across from eachother near bottom of bucket to let water out/ oxygen in. I made a tray out of 2 4" X 3" pieces of sheet metal. sealed middle with a construction chaulk and put duck tape over. I put the 12 buckets in it and run soft hose around. I got a really strong pump too, maybe too good, it was like $80. I gonna get clones sometime this week. What kinda system are you using Dank, hell if my 12 start taking 1 1/2 gallon a day i'm gonna need a bigger resevoir. I have a second closet i'm gonna use for flowering I'll be sure to get atleast a 45 gallon res. The worse part is not knowing how much water is in the res. I kept putting in 5 gallons at a time and marked each spot, 5 gallon, 10 gallon, so on, but thats not 100% accurate. Thanks for the info i'll be back to ask more ?.

Back
Top Bottom