Son Of Former Greece Police Chief Back In Court

MedicalNeed

Chad Rahn, a police officer in Irondequoit and the son of former Greece Police chief Merritt Rahn, is in court. It's a hearing concerning statements he made to New York State Police investigators prior to his arrest.

Chad Rahn is accused of illegally getting information from a confidential 911 call and then tipping off a man arrested for marijuana possession as to who the person was who called police on him.

The man arrested is Frank Arena - a card playing friend of Chad Rahn.

Rahn told investigators Arena was an "acquaintance". Police say Rahn said he knew Arena was busted by police for drugs.

Police say after Chad Rahn called Arena, Arena assaulted the man who called 911 on him.

In court today, prosecutor Doug Randall questioned NYSP Inv. Bryan Blum. Blum said he interviewed Rahn at Rahn's home in Greece. Blum testified Rahn knew Arena and had met him "about a month ago."

Inv. Blum challenged Rahn on that. Here is how he recalled the conversation:

Blum: Have you seen Frank Arena in the last month?
Rahn: I don't know.
Blum: Have you seen Frank Arena in the last month while you were working?
Rahn: I don't know. I don't recall.
Blum: Have you seen him in the last two weeks?
Rahn: I don't know.
(Blum indicated that Rahn said "I'm not guilty and I don't want to incriminate myself.")
Blum: Do you have anything to be worried about?
Rahn: No.
Blum: Why not answer my question? Have you seen Frank Arena in the last two weeks?
Rahn: I don't have anything to say. I'm done talking to you guys.

Inv. Blum testified he and his partner left Rahn's home.

Today's hearing is to determine whether Rahn's statements to Inv. Blum can be used against him at trial.

NewsHawk: MedicalNeed: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: whec.com
Author: Berkeley Brean
Copyright:2010 WHEC-TV, LLC
Website:Son of former Greece Police chief back in court | www.WHEC.com

Back
Top Bottom