Source: Semi Full Of Marijuana Seized In Drug Bust

Freaktan

Men Accused In Operation Appear In Court

More information was revealed Wednesday in what some are calling the most notable marijuana growing operations in recent memory. The marijuana-growing operations were allegedly operating in upscale suburban homes in the Columbus area, NBC 4's Holly Hollingsworth reported. Ten people have been indicted and search warrants have been executed at several Central Ohio homes. Sources told NBC 4 that a semi-truck full of marijuana plants several feet tall and equipment were seized.

Investigators believe the leader of the operation was 27-year-old Todd Didion. He pleaded not guilty to 11 counts, including engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity, drug trafficking and money laundering. His bond was set at $750,000. Didion's father, Ron, also pleaded not guilty to charges of engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. NBC 4 learned Wednesday that at least eight homes in Delaware and Franklin counties were used as location for major indoor marijuana growing labs.

"This is a ... criminal gang that grew marijuana in upscale homes. This was very high-quality marijuana. It sells for $5,000 a pound on the street and they were all in cahoots," said Dave Yost, the Delaware County Prosecutor.Another man accused in the operation, Michael Cole, also appeared in court for his arraignment.

Newshawk: Freaktan - 420Times.com
Source: NBC4i.com
Copyright: 2005 NBC4i.com and Internet Broadcasting Systems
Author: Staff - NBC4i.com

Back
Top Bottom