SparQz's First Try at Deep Water Culture Northern Lights

SparQz

I'm not currently at home with my babies, but I have a competent and knowledgeable sitter for them who's been sending me pics of the little girls.

Nutes are Technaflora Recipe for success to help me learn. Using 4 27 watt ?6000k? and 2 42 watt 2700k in a small cabinet with a 6 inch inline exhaust fan. The seeds are from Nirvana and they are femanized Northern Lights. Also doing a side by side test of Rapid Rooters and regular Rockwool. Rapid Rooters are definitely the way to go.

My first taste of "labeled" sensimilia was NL.

Ok. Ok. I know why you all came here...on to the short little fat babies.

Unknown_2.jpg

Both children
Unknown3.jpg

Rapid rooter side.
Unknown_7.jpg

Both babies about a week later.
Unknown_6.jpg

Rapid Rooter side again a week later.
Unknown_5.jpg

The Rockwool Side is catching up.
Unknown_4.jpg

Rapid Rooter underside

Also Considering switching to organic nutrients any suggestions are appreciated try to remember I'm on a budget so buying the full AN line is not an option at this point.

Welcome Spar! They look quite good so far, i'll be sitting in for this one so I am ready to see a nice grow! And once more welcome!

SG

Edit: Only thing I suggest you get for additional support on the nute end is a jug of cal mag and some liquid karma.

Hey man your off to a good start...have you done other soil or hydro grows before this? I currently use that nute setup...really does work wonders and PH is stable as can be!
:bravo:

What is that weird thing in front of the fan?

Edit: Only thing I suggest you get for additional support on the nute end is a jug of cal mag and some liquid karma.

He wont need eater of those...The recipe for success kit he bought has both magical and sugardaddy which are basically the same things as the two products you listed....Great advice for someone just using the base nutes tho!

Sanibel: Astrojax are a toy they light up and you do tricks with them they are great for when your....extra inebriated so to speak.

wowtestdrive: i didn't notice your question earlier when i replied but yes I have a soil grow of Big bud x Thai Haze Skunk going under my 400w hps which is where those NL are gonna end up once they are ready.

Sanibel: Astrojax are a toy they light up and you do tricks with them they are great for when your....extra inebriated so to speak.

wowtestdrive: i didn't notice your question earlier when i replied but yes I have a soil grow of Big bud x Thai Haze Skunk going under my 400w hps which is where those NL are gonna end up once they are ready.

I was like hmm never seen that at the hydro store...lol

SG

:grinjoint:I know nothing about organics man. But i still cant get over those shrubs you have going for being 2 weeks old. Thats the kinda shrubs ive been yearning for. Its probably because my big ass light vs CFL's. I want the cfl bushyness, but want the hid cola power. lol!:grinjoint:

I'm using 4 27watt 6500k and 2 42 watt 2700k cfls. :-D it's genetics and the fact that my lights are very close to the tops of my plants.

Oh ya I forgot to mention the fact that I also put about a cup of hydrogen peroxide in my 6 gallons of water...with 5 gallons of nutes at half strength and 1 gallon of full strength bloom nutes (was an accident).

Ok guys I made it home....so here's what you've been asking for...

NLpic1.jpg

NLpic2.jpg

NLpic3.jpg

NLpic4.jpg

NLpic5.jpg

NLpic6.jpg

Wow look at the difference of the rockwool vs the rapid rooters...holy shit i love rapid rooters. Got home and my tanks low so gonna do a res change tomorrow or friday...

Little update on my soil grow if your interested....Thursday night it's getting light cut and nothing but water for the next 3 days....chopping saturday.

SparQz

Back
Top Bottom