SparQz's First Try at Deep Water Culture Northern Lights

varry nice man how old at last pics? my jock horror allstar is 9" at 4 weeks. mine seems a bit slow but this is my first hydo grow so idk. p love how bushy they are to. :bravo:

last pics were at about 3 weeks. And thank you jaybuddz, did you get your light lowered? I am thinking about starting flowering soon. Attempted to fim the big one not sure if I did it right.

Some pics which I don't think they do these plants justice these things are massive bushes.

2010-04-07_20_08_39.jpg

2010-04-07_20_08_48.jpg

2010-04-07_20_10_10.jpg

I really hope the clones make it.

Damn dude what do u think made ur shit so bushy? ur puttin mine to shame man. congrats, and yeah i lowerd my light alittle. it already gets kinda hot in there so i dont wanna go to low.

Well there are a lot of factors. Genetics, my cfls like 2 inches away, Deep Water Culture, different nutes? No tellin dude.

Little update for you guys. Did a full res change swapped over to lucas formula hopefully all goes well. Took out the water pump gonna try to clean it up and get it ready for a 6 site tub maybe here after I harvest from those 2 northern lights. Moved them into the big closet with the 400w MH conv. on it for now at 12/12 heard somewhere that if you switch over to hps the first 2 weeks or so of flowering they stretch. Temps at the tops of the plants is low 80s. Clones are looking ok the leaves will perk up for a little bit then start to droop again not sure what's going on root wise nothing out of the rapid rooters yet. On to the pictures.
2010-04-10_17_23_30.jpg

2010-04-10_17_23_38.jpg

2010-04-10_18_38_10.jpg

2010-04-10_18_39_39.jpg

Any suggestions on other additives to the lucas formula IE epsom salt or molasses please let me know. Thanks for checking it out.

Can anyone tell me if what I heard was true or not about the stretching in first couple weeks of flowering and changing the light spectrum. I heard that if I left it under the blue spectrum for first couple of weeks it wouldn't stretch, or should I go ahead and switch to the HPS?

Right so my question is will the nodes remain short and close together with mh for the first 2 weeks of flowering?

Small update not pertaining to this thread exactly, but I managed to get 60.5g off my big bud x thai haze skunk plant but all the buds were very airy and spread apart. Maybe I can get a pic to show you what I mean. Hopefully I don't have that problem with my Northern Lights plants :-D

Ok I know been awhile since I last updated. But here are some pics from yesterday.
Have a small issue with the bigger plant getting some yellow spotting on the upper fan leaves can't really see it in the pics but I think its deficient somewhere. This lucas formula seems like a decent idea but not really working well for me I don't think. The smaller of the 2 is looking beautiful. They both are showing some very nice pistils. Any recommendations on affordable well working nutes is appreciated.

2010-04-19_09_12_40.jpg

2010-04-19_09_12_49.jpg

2010-04-19_09_13_03.jpg

Well it seems that no one is very interested in this grow. Still having yellow spotting on the big plant. I added Kool Bloom last night 3 weeks into flowering. I may end this journal all together if no one is interested in it. Either way here are some pics.

2010-04-23_15_19_58.jpg

2010-04-23_15_20_27.jpg

2010-04-23_15_20_40.jpg

2010-04-23_15_20_51.jpg

2010-04-23_15_20_58.jpg

Hopefully someone can help me with my yellowing problem cause it's only on the bigger plant.

Ok still no one is answering. Sad times. Anyways 1 last try at an answer. Ok the plant that was smaller in the beginning is looking healthier than the bigger plant and the bud structures are looking better what is wrong with my biggun? Someone please help. Thanks in advance.

Your looking good Bro!! Besides the early yellowing of those leafs, i think your looking mighty swell.:rollit:

Depending on your plant it could just be the bloom nutes not giving it what it likes. I do agree that it could use a little mag, but dont get too worried as i have weird things go on with my leaves all the time. I just keep everything stable and let them bang.:grinjoint:

Some nice inexpensive nutes in my opinion are the ones they make at your local hydro shop. Every shop around me makes thier own recipe. My local shops is called Gardening magic and its great. Of course i use additives like Koolbloom and hygrozyme etc... the base formula they concock is usually pretty sweet IMO. Its usually only like 8 9 buks a liter. Check into it!!!:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom