Spider Mite Eradication

take2hikes

Hi everyone. I'm looking for tips to get completely rid of spider mites. I've had them pretty consistently the past year and a half of growing, with a couple harvests having almost none (I this this was just a strain specific thing). Currently I'm harvesting and half of my plants have slight webbing on one or two of the top colas. I'm going to go through and pull off the webbing to slow them down while I finish the plants - and I'm also curious if there is anything I can spray on them at this point? Maybe a diluted hydrogen peroxide spray? Or is Mighty Wash ok (being "frequency treated water")?

My BIGGEST concern/want however is getting rid of these bastards after I harvest. I currently have a veg room and a flower room. My Veg plants are pretty much bug-free and they are much easier to get control of in veg it seems. Probably a lot of that has to do with the fact I just have more room in my veg. This all being said, I have started some strains from seed and am looking to finally start my own clones. This should be a lot easier to handle bugs from the get-go, as I am planning on dipping all rooted clones before planting them, and keeping up on at least a weekly spraying to keep them bug free before I put them into flower. I like to avoid spraying with pesticides in flower, especially the last couple weeks.

So, after I harvest completely and my flower room is empty, I was planning on running a bleach solution through my reservoir (I usually do this in between every harvest to kill bacteria/molds that may be growing). Then I have an industrial atomizer I use for spraying foliar feeding and pesticides. I was planning on filling this with a heavy bleach solution and spraying down my ENTIRE room. Walls, floor, fixtures, everything. Then, I will spray my veg plants and basically soak them with a pesticide solution, move them over, and spray my veg room down the same way with bleach. I've never done this before and it's the only thing I can think to get rid of them almost completely. A few days later I would bug bomb both rooms (before they start flowering) to get rid of any eggs hatched.

Anyways, I'm trying to formulate a game plan - so sorry if a bit of this was rambling - but suggestions are welcome.

.t2h

Back
Top Bottom