Spider mite help

coralman

So I have been lucky so far but i have been growing fruit and veg inside a large polytunnel in the garden. As the weather's been nice iv decided too veg 4 lemon og plants in there to save on electricity and then transfer into grow room when ready too flower but I have spotted spider mites on my cucumbers and looking for a decent organic spray to eliminate them and too spray my lemon og before moving too grow tent. My local store sells a brand called smc but not many reviews on it and iv also been looking at the predator sachets to hang in the grow tent.
Humidity as also been low this past week so I'm hoping when it rises again that will help.

Sorry for the long post thanks in advance.

Spider mites are scary stuff. I've beat them in the past but it wasn't very organic. Moved a Harlequin clone from my Buddy's outdoor grow into my tent, contaminated my entire crop...

I've heard of local growers here planting butter lettuce with their crops as sacrificial companion plants. Also, allegedly, red cedar mulch works as a repellant.

I'm sure that someone will know of an organic spray or dip. I guess my ideas are more preventative.

They arnt actually on my cannabis plants yet so I'm hoping to catch them before they spread and will be less worry when they are ready too be moved indoors. Iv ordered some predator sachets for now and just going to go with a spray and blast the he'll out of them haha thanks for the reply

No problem. My inorganic method, if you care to know, was mega wash wait two days, cold water bath, two days, green clean, two days, cold bath, two days, mega wash, two days, then two more cold baths. Not a pleasant experience.

Mega wash is an electrically charged water(expensive and contains heavy metals). The cold water bath was literally dunking my plants in a bucket of the coldest water my tap can produce. Green clean (expensive) was pushed on me at the hydro store. The mites hatch every 48 hours I believe, so the repeated treatments are necessary. I used the three methods so that the Borg could not become immune to any one chemical/method.

Back
Top Bottom