Spider mites

Herb Dailly

Growing 7 x amnesia haze in a tent under 600w hps lights in soil.

I'm about 3 weeks from harvest and I've been battling spider mites for a couple of weeks.

I've been spraying with Aptus Dislike which I would say has helped but not eradicated.
I see a few black adults per leaf with lots of white specks, larvae I assume. No visible webbing yet.

I'm losing all fan leaves too, not sure if normaln this early for this strain or if the same or another issue.

And yet, flowering is going well, fattening up nicely.

So my questions. .

Can I eradicate the mites organically?
Will they **** my crop if i don't?

Thanks in advance

There was a reply here which I don't see now- apologies for not thanking you before it got deleted or whatever happened, mysterious stranger!

Green cleaner formally green clean. In 17 years this is the best product I've found hands down. I haven't seen a mite in almost 2 years. Green clean changed my life.

I haven't heard of green clean but I'll be checking it out right after this. I had a mite problem two years ago and bought some lady bugs from Home Depot website. I have never done this before and I was amazed at these two small boxes that have at least a couple hundred bugs in each one. I placed one in the fridge and let the others go in the grow room. I put little plates with water and honey around the room and some of them gravitated to this and became fixated with it. They did seem to eat some of the mites but mostly they just hung around. I got better results in my last grow using a product called 3-in-1 All Natural Insect Spray from Monterey. Bought it onl-line so you can search and most likely find it. It's a Rosemary oil based concentrate and you water it down per the directions. It says you can use it right up until harvest...what that means I can't confirm. I applied it copiously two different times, 7 days apart during the middle of the veg when I saw a few mites trying to muscle in. The infestation this time was not nearly as bad as the last time still I like to think the spray did something because I've been mite free on this grow since applying it. And as for the box of lady bugs I put in the fridge I was astounded at how after 2 weeks when I checked on them within seconds of the temp warming up they started scurrying around. Yes I know they are just bugs but they were kind of cute so I released all the rest of them into the backyard. They didn't hang around long because within hours there was no sight of them.

Green clean is safe from veg to harvest.
I personally don't use after they hit bloom. I use this as preventative maintenance. I apply once there in a 1 gallon,again 2 weeks later. Once I transplant to a 7 gallon I spray again then right before bloom.

Lady bugs with hid is waste of money. They fly up hit the bulb and die. True story. They may help a Lil but not on a normal grow. Same goes for predatory mites

Just fought a battle with the little bastards today! My garden has been pest free for well over 2 years. I had just recently gotten a clone from a buddy of mine, I didn't notice at first but today while looking at it I saw signs of the buggers. I got rid of the infested one and treated my whole veg cabinet with AzaMax. The stuff works, when I had them before it wiped them completely.
IMG_059135.JPG

Back
Top Bottom