Oh No! Spider Mites?

How far into flower do you use the “Plant Therapy “?
I have used it up to ten days before cut.
The label says you can use it the day of cut.
I don't see the need for using it THAT close ... whatever bugs are there in ten days ... hell, I'll smoke em - adds to the flavor.
I've used it for years and never had any bad effect ... oh, turn off your lights when you spray. It's oil so it can magnify light and burn leaves.

nuke ‘Em from flying skull is a great product, I use it along with mighty wash.
I have never used Nuke 'em, but I've heard good things about it. It is an enzyme, right? And Mighty Wash is an oil/water solution?
Hey, there are many ways to kill bugs, many different IPM programs.
Whatever works is what works.
Defoliation before switching to bloom phase and again 3 weeks into bloom (after stretch) is going to help.
THIS is important.
Everything under the canopy gets gone.
It's a great breeding place for all kinds of problems, light can't get down there so the buds are fluffy anyway.
other things i do is clone and veg more plants than I plan to flower.
Yes.
I will put up 200 clones. Pick out the prettiest 180 for vegging. Cull another ten or so over veg time. When it comes time to put em under the 12/12 lights we pick out the best 130.
A week later we rearrange and take out another 20 ...
And THAT is what gets flowered. The BEST 110 out of 200.

Alpha females every one of em.

where do they come from? could be coming from ourselves, mites can hitchhike in on our clothes from the front lawn... or our pets. Even houseplants. They find a way. Mites suck..........
I'm pretty sure this is where they come from... you brush up against an infected plant outdoors and they hitch a ride. They lay their eggs on the leaves so I seriously doubt they come from infected soil. Very small so one or two will go unnoticed. By the time I detect them they have already started webbing or spotting on the leaves... and yea they a pain in the ass so prevention is your best bet (shower and fresh clothes before checking on your grow).

As one previous poster noted, where he lives in a frozen tundra (Alaska? Canada?
Northern coastal Canada and yes it’s too cold and wet here for mites outside. They’re strictly an indoor pest.

Wow 5 finger bag! Lucky to get a 4 finger bag where I came from (So Cal, San Bernardino area) , occasionally find some Thai stick, Columbian gold or Oaxacan spears but not very often.
4 finger bag of Mexican or Colombian loaded with seeds $20.00 1977 Cocoa Beach Fl those were the days!

Ha ha. Last time I was down your way I was stuck in Sacramento for three weeks. I could barely fucking breathe it was so hot :laughtwo: No actually freezing the mites does not kill the dormant ones as I found out repeatedly. Likewise all the other bug species that go dormant over frozen winters in a lot of the world.

No actually freezing the mites does not kill the dormant ones as I found out repeatedly.
Precisely... they live through the winter where I'm at (20 F sometimes) and are back in abundance as soon as the temps warm back up.

Last time I was down your way I was stuck in Sacramento for three weeks. I could barely fucking breathe it was so hot
Yea, but you gotta admit it cools down nicely at night to a chilly 105 or so.

A year after I moved to Redding I was sitting in my car looking down the block ... there were fires going n the mountains all around us and you couldn't see 100 yards for the smoke. I took a pix of the dashboard with the thermometer on it and looking thru the widow with smoke outside. The temp was 112.

I sent the pix to a friend who lived in San Francisco with the caption; "I knew I'd make it to hell sooner or later."

I forgot to mention a few Other habits that are useful.

never enter your grow space wearing the same clothes you just wore outside. Foolishly, when I first started growing, when I would change the reservoir I would carry buckets of nutrient water to discard in my outside vegetable garden, I didn’t know I was just tracking mites back inside, there is a reason the pros have a locker room and change into the white “bunny suit” with hair nets and all. I don’t go ultra strict, but I try to be aware of the clothes I’m wearing.

don’t let others into your grow space, or at least think about it. you Don’t know where they have been or what they have been exposed to.

quarantine any new cuttings and treat with preventive spray before introducing to your garden. A lot of growers swear by going seed only to prevent unwanted gifts. Sometimes when in search of new genetics you might what something available from a clone.

a lot of good preventative tips and maintenance on this thread but once you got them the only thing I found that gets rid off them is shutting down the grow, clean the area, bomb with floggers etc wait a few weeks and start over.

4 finger bag of Mexican or Colombian loaded with seeds $20.00 1977 Cocoa Beach Fl those were the days!
Cocoa beach huh.....I grew up next town over....Merritt Island. Spent my time out at the beach though. Actually found a bail of pot one day out surfing. Was a bitch getting that thing in shore and loaded in the car! I floated out with it until it was dark.....fun times.

Cocoa beach huh.....I grew up next town over....Merritt Island. Spent my time out at the beach though. Actually found a bail of pot one day out surfing. Was a bitch getting that thing in shore and loaded in the car! I floated out with it until it was dark.....fun times.
Fishing off the coast from San Francisco me and buddies found a bale floating ... we got past the Coast Guard and the smugglers ... HOW did I live to be as old as I am???

We called it "Sea Weed", and there was a HELL of a party that weekend.

I lived on Merritt Island from 1973 until 1979 just spent the days at the beach surfing skating and getting in trouble. Maybe we found the same load found ours by Lori Wilson park

I lived on Hannah Drive in Vetter isles off N Banana river dr. Went to Audubon, Edgewood and MIH.
Ah ok, I Know where you were at.

I went to Edgewood (now called a school of choice and one of the top schools in the country....certainly wasn't that way when I went there LOL) and I also was a Mustang LOL. Small world man! Cheers bud! :passitleft: :ganjamon:

Ah ok, I Know where you were at.

I went to Edgewood (now called a school of choice and one of the top schools in the country....certainly wasn't that way when I went there LOL) and I also was a Mustang LOL. Small world man! Cheers bud! :passitleft: :ganjamon:
How cool is that small world indeed. Edgewood had no air conditioning at all when I went crazy right?

How cool is that small world indeed. Edgewood had no air conditioning at all when I went crazy right?
My mom and Sister still live on the Island. Sis was in Melbourne for a few years but she moved back on the Island to take care of mom.

I was able to salvage this grow, I did a good bud wash and came out of it with some decent bud. I now have about a month left on another grow. This current grow I have been using Site sponsor Sierra Natural Science SNS-209, since plants were seedlings, I have had no sign of mites or any other pests during this grow! Hats off to @Sierra Natural Science !
flower_0890.JPG

Back
Top Bottom