Spliffs

MH1960

Technically, isn't a spliff defined as a joint with tobacco mixed with the weed? Personally, not being a tobacco user, I was always against "ruining" good weed with tobacco, but having lived in Canada for a couple of years where they all mix tobacco with their weed, I got used to it, so now, I do it regularly. I find that it helps me stretch the weed out and as I use a mechanical roller, it adds girth to the joint and it burns a little slower and more evenly. They also mix tobacco in their bongs in Ontario, using small tubes with weed and a plug made from a piece of a cigarette. They call these "poppers". Never seen poppers anywhere but Canada as the term used to mean a hit of amyl nitrate.

As for the buzz, I don't notice much of a difference, however, it may be all in my head, but I think the nicotine gives the THC a little kick start, though this could be psychological. Does anyone know if there's any chemical synergy between nicotine and THC?

you can get a buzz from nicotine if you don't smoke so thats probably where you get the kick start from. I think the reason most europeans started doing this back in the day is because they had much more access to hash then they did weed and it was a easy way to smoke it.

True, tobacco is harmful, however I think the amount used in the joints I roll might amount to one cig per 4 joints. When I have weed, I probably smoke about 2 to 4 joints per day, less if the weed is really good. Makes sense about the hash and makes sense that being a non smoker, I would get a nic buzz.

I doubt very seriously that tobacco is harmful. Now, all those carcinogens they spray it with? Um, yeah... Besides, cannabis kills cancer dead. Spliff away, but I'd use organic tobacco.

Back
Top Bottom