!st time grower needs help

millwright102

I have this plant outside. It did fine for a while and then it started getting yellow leaves and brown tips. Any tips or suggestions would be helpful.

give us some more information, like how old was it? did you water it regularly? was it seed or clone? did you notice insects on the underside of the leaves? etc.

I dont know the age as it was a gift. As far as water I kept soil moist. It has about 9-10 hrs of direct light. I would post some pics but I am very computer illeteriate.

Well if you kept the soil moist that may be the problem. you should only water every 2-3 days letting the soil dry out in between so that you don't get root rot. Light, I think your in a good safe zone for an outdoor grow, more would be ideal but unless you are planting in a large open area, pretty hard to achieve. What about any insects or black or white dots on the leaves(make sure to check the underside of the leaves too).

I checked for insects and didnt find any also no dots on the leaves. I would like to post some pics but dont know how to attach them how do I do that

I am also growing a plant for the first time. My problem is that it is getting yellow spots like right in the middle of the leaf the tips are fine. The new growth looks fine but the older look like their going to die. What is happening?

millwright102 said:
I checked for insects and didnt find any also no dots on the leaves. I would like to post some pics but dont know how to attach them how do I do that

Go to the gallery, upload your pics to the appropriate area, once they have up loaded go to the pic right click on the picture and select properties, where it says address copy the address. Go to the thread that you want to post your pic, go to the bottom of the thread and click go advanced, click on the picture button and paste in the address you copied and click ok. It will put in a string that has IMG tag on each side of the address. When you post it the picture will be displayed. :biggrin: hope this helps.

BodaciousBud said:
I am also growing a plant for the first time. My problem is that it is getting yellow spots like right in the middle of the leaf the tips are fine. The new growth looks fine but the older look like their going to die. What is happening?

It's normal for the older leaves to die off. I trim them off once they start to yellow because at that point they stop contributing to the plant but are still using the plant resources. Up to you though it won't hurt the plant to just let those older leaves die, if you let them die and dry while still attached I guess the plant can recapture some of it's nutrients from that leaf. Matter of preference really. :allgood:

wholeplantSmall.jpg

here u go i i did it for u that miight be root bound

ok yo. i need some info and suggestions!! help a brother out. Would it be too late in the season to start growing outside? I want to plant about 200 beans some where around where i live! i live in the damn middle of nowhere! Also after they get big enough i want to transport them to indoors! Should I Do That?? and is there any way to cover the smell of the trees when their indoors WITHOUT having a hydro system?...Hoook a brother up..Thanks

i think it is to late to start out doors i think harvest time is around the end of this month.. and 200 plant how the hell u going to trasplant all those to inside that would be a pain .. not sayin all 200 would grow but still thats alot :allgood:

Back
Top Bottom