Starting to see possible problem in my hydro plants

dropnCosbys

Just noticed tonight some plants leaves are yellowing, and a few are droopy. The plants are in rockwool cubes in solo cups of hydroton.

-Using 10gal of water/nutes in the resi.
-Strain: black berry kush CLONES
-Medium: Hydroton
-Nutes: 1/4 strength GH FloraGrow
-Roots excellerater. 1.2 mL/G
-Water Cycle: Twice a day @ 10AM & 10PM for 3 minutes each
-Stats: PH=6.0, PPM/TDS=580
-7 days into grow. Got them as clones.

Do you think they aren't getting enough water/nutes? I feel like the plants aren't as green as they should be. Another thing to note is the pump has been screwy lately, and not getting full water flow to all plants (specifically the ones at the end of the line). I've been using the solution in the res and spraying the plants on the rockwool with a spray bottle so they get their feeding(not foilar feeding). Probably going to the local hydro store tomorrow to get a new pump though, because this might be part of my problem. I'm planning on bumping the nutes up tomorrow to have the res around 700-800 ppm.

Heres some pics.

Thanks guys!:bongrip:
day7_5.jpg
day7_4.jpg
day7_3.jpg
day7_2.jpg
day7_1.jpg

day3_5.jpg

Here's a few variables to think about... First off light can penetrate through those cups, I'd double em up or just replace em with real pots. Second 6 mins of watering a day if not enough, I'd switch up the cycle to 30 min every hour or two. This allows more time for the plants to feed and allows the plant more nutes and less chance of root problems. Third drop the PH to 5.8 any higher or lower, nute absorption is slowed substantually. And worst case senario if nuthing changes just do full water change and go from there. Also a lil hydrogen peroxide will help prevent problems, balances out ph quicker, and helps oxygen absorption to the girls. Almost gaurantee u do these few things they will perk rite up in a day or 2. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies guys. All the cups have drainage holes in the bottom and I should probably note that im running an 18/6 light cycle and they are off from 1am to 7am. Light is a 4 Bulb t5. And temps in f and around 70 humidity. My buddy runs a pretty dialed hydro setup in coco and told me to keep phit at 6 but I have seen a lot of people on here saying 5.8 is the sweet spot. Also forgot to mention there are two air stones in the res that come on during feeding...not really sure if this is helping the oxygen flow at all since they aren't in each individual cup. I had a feeling there might be not enough food getting to them. This yellowing just started appearing yesterday which makes me think not enough nutes since they are getting bigger and the nutes are still at quarter strength. Ill be doing a res change tonight when I get off wor and take some more pictures. Thanks for the response guys.

Oh yeah another thing...I keep thinking of info I should let you guys know haha. I got the plants as clones and they were already rooted in rw cubes with quite a few roots coming out the bottom on most of them. Thanks guys. Problems aside I think I've been bitten by the bug.

It must be the feeing time then, if they still grow but getting yellow its using more than its taking in. Don't be afraid of over watering, as long as u keep fresh h20 constantly flowing ull be fine. Another thing too, is the res water stagnant btwn cycles? Or do u jave a freestanding pump? I'd put airstones in res on 24/7. Stagnant water is a breeding ground for algae, bacteria, funguses, etc. Constant water movement is key in keeping it clean and ad joojoo free, don't want ur res to start smellin like the sewers lol U WANT ZERO STANDING WATER

So when you saying feeding times are you talking about how much I feed them? Does it matter when I have the lights shut on and off? Right now they are going off 3 hours after they feed then 3 hours before they feed. The stones are only running during feeding times so that's the only time the water is moving. I have a sheet of poly over the res as you can see in the pictures to block out light so algae wont form but keeping the water moving makes sense and not all light is blocked from the res with just that sheet of poly. If you check out my grow journal you can see pictures from the day I got the clones for a size comparison. Im new to this so don't exactly know how much they should be growing per day but im sure they could use more nutes. Res change tonight with fresh batch of nutes and water.

Feeding time meaning from the time the pump turns on until the time the pump turns off. Good rule of thumb on growth is typically an inch a day ( if all is well and no stress) it doesn't matter whether the lights r on or off, the plant will still uptake nutes even in the dark. Absorption is full bore during lights on and dark the plant slows down uptake by atleast a third. N for the res it doesn't matter if its light tight or not, stagnant water breed parasites and bacteria within 24 hours in good breeding conditions. Think of a smelly old pond, that never circulates. N ima check out ur journal to c what's really goin on. Your on the right track. I'm guessing this is the first time doing hydro?

Sounds good. As soon as i get home gonna do te res change and run the stones 24/7. If you need any more info that im forgetting just let me know. Yep, first time doin hydro and so far I really like it. Been learning quite a bit just need to get everything dialed in. Thanks again for the help.

thats what we do round herr, we help our brotheren lol but yeah ima start postin on ur journal after this, anymore questions just post em up on the journal ill suscribe help u along the way if u need it:roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom