Strain Question

Linkorien

as a sprout or youngling how different from one another can a plant look being from the same strain?
i am growing 3 White Widow's feminized which i ordered
two of the plants (baby and sprout) look like twins, nice dark green leaves, short, very veggy and crinkly leaves like romaine lettuce, but the other one (princess) is different, a light green and smooth leaves like that of a maple tree, it is also taller by over an inch, it seems to be a completely different type of plant.

how usual is this or is it possible there is a mix up, and im growing a different strain?

take a look

this is one of the twins, notice the wrinkles, the dark green and the height
3sprout.JPG

then there is princes its lighter, smother, taller, and different from the others
1princess.JPG

any ideas or should i not worry?

thats not that much difference.... wait a few weeks a see what they do..
sometimes if its the same strain it could be different if its a sativa pheno or if its an indica phenotype, you have to wait till mid flower to really tell that though
good luck :peace:

well now im confused.....
if i order a Strain from a grower wouldn't that strain be a predetermined pheno as to what genetic line it came from
or can any plant of any strain chose which pheno it is as a seed or sprout?

i thought by ordering a genetic line you predetermine your plants genetics....

Correct Link, I grew 4 Widows that I ordered from Nirvana Seeds and all 4 were different phenotypes. One was short and stalky, 2 were fairly medium heighth and width and the 3rd was a damn Christmas tree so it happens quite a bit. Not much you can do except FIM or LST them to control growth a little more in my opinion, best of luck on your grow bro.

well cannabis its a living thing, its not a factory line.. every plant is different, it would be like twins.. they have the same genictic make up when they are born, but they look difffernt in some ways.. some a lot more then others.

Back
Top Bottom