Strange smell after watering

blvckswords

So I've been having the problem for maybe 3 to 4 weeks now. Every time I water when I check it later it has a weird smell but after about a day I stop smelling it. I was thinking root rot but it hasnt down any signs of decay or anything. So maybe it's the smell of the strain and humidity mixed? Idk, anyone have suggestions or thoughts on this?

Kind of hard to guess at without being able to actually smell what you smell. Is the smell unpleasant? Is your plant flowering? If so, for how long? Just for the record I never trust my nose when it comes to these plants anymore, because my nose just plain stops registering any smell at all after a while. If I leave the house for a few hours, when I walk back in it's like a bat to the face, lol.

Kind of hard to guess at without being able to actually smell what you smell. Is the smell unpleasant? Is your plant flowering? If so, for how long? Just for the record I never trust my nose when it comes to these plants anymore, because my nose just plain stops registering any smell at all after a while. If I leave the house for a few hours, when I walk back in it's like a bat to the face, lol.

This is my first time so I'm not even sure what to expect lol I could just be being over observant. I was smelling it before flower as well. And idk just kind of pungent but not super strong either.

Have you narrowed down where the smell is coming from: top of the soil, bottom of the pot, the leaves? Is the pot in a saucer? Is it a plastic or cloth pot?

So many questions!
I sniffed around but I can never pinpoint where it's coming from. When I smell the soil it just smells like wet dirt and the leaves smell like the usual peppery scent. I have many questions as well and I have all the access lmao. Probably paranoia since I expect to fail in some way lol

Well, I know they definitely do smell during veg only, but I guess I never paid attention to whether the smell was stronger after watering/feeding. It does make sense to me, that the smell would be stronger while the plant has extra water to throw around.
Hooboy do I hear you on the expect to fail thing - but even if you are only a mediocre caregiver this plant will forgive you and reward you for your diligence.

Got some pics? Are they in trays?

No trays I usually water it with the plants sitting on a strainer and into a mixing bowl lol.
20210608_025605.jpg

This ones from today

Well, I know they definitely do smell during veg only, but I guess I never paid attention to whether the smell was stronger after watering/feeding. It does make sense to me, that the smell would be stronger while the plant has extra water to throw around.
Hooboy do I hear you on the expect to fail thing - but even if you are only a mediocre caregiver this plant will forgive you and reward you for your diligence.

Yeah that's probably it cause it was still small when I first smelled it but it hasnt slowed in growth. Lol sorry if I wasted your time but I also appreciate you guys always being helpful even when newbies are just being noobs lol.

Back
Top Bottom