Summer sun to hot for clones?

Dankshiznat

Hello my name is john and I am new to both this forum and to growing.

I have about 6 3-4 ft plants that were grown from seed which I started in late spring. I wanted to grow more as I wont be able to grow indoors (due to lack of money at the moment) and this will be my medicine for quite a while. So I went to a cannabis club in sanfransisco to pickup some good strains from a well known care giver. I picked up 10 clones and brought them home to modesto, ca.

My problem is it is in the midst of summer and i know they will not stand the heat (it regularly gets above 100 degrees here). They will die if i stick the in direct sunlight for any length of time. I am keeping them well watered misting them and trying to give them a little sun light. I dont know how to protect them from the heat and the sun though. They need light to grow but they are to little to keep out in the sun.

I only have a 4 bulb t12 flouresent light that could be used for indoors and i dont believe its powerful enough to be the only source of light for these babies, plus im woried about the heat in my house and the lack of airflow through that closet........
should I put them under the light indoors until they are bigger and stronger and could handle the heat better?
or should i only give them sunlight in the morning and evening when its cooler?
I mean I'm completely lost. Please tell me what i can do? Thanks a lot.

How old are the clones and what light were they on when you bought em ?, direct sunlight would be a no no IMO, If you want em outside indirect light for a while until they adjust and have a well established root system, but I dont know the size, age or what light they were used to, pics would be nice, peace man!

hey. thanks for the quick reply. I am not sure what light they were under when i got them because they brought them out from an employee's only area. not sure about the age but some look to be about 2 weeks old because of all the roots(not very experienced so its hard for me to say)... But they are about 4 inches tall (not including the rockwool cube). they are in rockwool cubes and all have roots visible through the rockwool cubes.

So you would suggest leaving them in the shade fro about a week? Or would it be better to bring them inside till they are stronger?

Oh and another concern I have is shocking them and stunting theyre growth if i put them indoors for a while and then put them outdoors. They only have maybe two months to veg before the light changes and they start budding correct?

If i was to leave them outdoors with maybe like a sheet of cardboard with holes cut in it so they wouldnt be getting too much sunlight would that be ok? or will the heat alone fry them? they are just babies after all..

Thanks so much for the help.

My plants started outside, is that they can not have a lot of sun in the beginnig? I thought that they needed a lot of sunlight?

Back
Top Bottom