Surprise seeds

tav

went to the dispensary the other day and pulled out about 10 seeds out of 7g's wasn't really expecting these but i'll take them. know does it mean these will turn into a male plant ? since these came from a male plant. am i right? i don't know. have no idea.

does it mean these will turn into a male plant ? since these came from a male plant. am i right? i don't know. have no idea.
I figure that you have been meaning a female plant not male but just in case....

Basically, any seeds, eggs and babies come from the female after the male of the species fertilizes them.

Your dispensary buds had to come from a female plant since the male plants do not form buds. Somewhere along the way a male flower developed. It could have been on a male plant (unlikely) or the female plant will sometimes grow a male flower (very likely). Sometimes the female plant will grow these male flowers either a couple of weeks into flowering or as late as 8 or 9 weeks after flowering starts.

If a male plant produced the male flowers and the pollen then there is a 50/50 chance that the seed will produce a male plant.

Since you bought the buds from a dispensary there is an excellent chance that the male flower that produced the pollen grew on a female plant. When that happens the chances of the seed producing a female plant are pretty high, probably 99% or better. Occasionally one of those seeds will produce a male plant but it is not something to put money on.

Dispensaries tend to avoid growers who allow male plants to grow in with their female plants.

i don't know. have no idea.
Read some of the older msgs in the same sub-forum you posted this msg in. There are a few threads discussing the male flowers on female plants and some threads that get into how the seeds in situations like yours will almost always be female and will pass on the same tendency to grow male flowers hidden among the female flowers.

A lot of growers do miss these male flowers and at harvest wonder where the seeds came from. Some growers like to grow these seeds and hope for the best and some do not think it is a good idea to grow these seeds that are produced as part of a female plant that has gone hermaphrodite without being noticed.

Back
Top Bottom