T5HO Lighting?

KatoRica

Has anyone used the T5HO lights for full term yet? They make a blue spectrum bulb for veg and a red spec for flower. They don't require a external balest and they run silent and cool enough to keep 2"-6" from the plants. They output 92.6 lumens per watt. The 4ft by 8 bulb set up puts out 432 watts and 40,003 lumens. 4000 more lumens than a 400 watt MH. They also claim because the bulbs are thinner they spread light more evenly reaching lower areas of the plant. They are less than 1/2 the cost of a standard MH and HPS set up and use less than 1/2 the electricity.I was thinking of running two 432 watt set ups on a 4' x 8' table.

They are fantastic for veg but have never used full term. If you decide to go full term I would do 12/12 from seed or at least keep the plants trained very low as floro light does not penetrate very well. Adding CFL's in and around the plants should help keep the shady areas lit up.

I picked up a 454 watt 8 bulb today. It produces over 42000 lumens @ 12" @ 6" 84,000 and @3" 168,000. I plan to keep it 3" away. The fixture is 46"X24". My table will be 60" x 36" and I'm going for 9 plants my first go. I will veg them untill they are 18" then put them outdoors for late flower. I'm hopeing I get them out by mid August. I will do a full term from late October to mid Jan. Then go back to an early outdoor in mid Feb. If the veg looks good I will try a full term using the red spectrum bulbs for flower.

I'm using one 24 watt on 4 clones and I've had to move the light twice in a week. The inner nodes are bushing out nicely. A lot faster than my old 400 watt MH.

clones110.jpg

I've used them for both flower and veg. They work quite well. Swapped to 1000w hps but haven't really seen an icrease in production over the T5's

They are fantastic for veg but have never used full term. If you decide to go full term I would do 12/12 from seed or at least keep the plants trained very low as floro light does not penetrate very well. Adding CFL's in and around the plants should help keep the shady areas lit up.

hes on point....he knows all too well as do I

Hey Weed, Could you give us newbies some good tips using t-5"s? Not many people seem to use t-5's..but "some " say they have gotten Great results! Im sure many would like to hear some good tips! Thanks Red

Hey Weed, Could you give us newbies some good tips using t-5"s? Not many people seem to use t-5's..but "some " say they have gotten Great results! Im using (10) t-5 6400 for veg..(6) on top and (2) on each side, all horz. My gals are only about 3'' tall but I like what i see so far. Just kinda unsure when it comes to flowering. ANY tips would be greatly helpful.. Im sure many others would like to hear some of your good tips! Thanks Red

Hey Weed, Could you give us newbies some good tips using t-5"s? Not many people seem to use t-5's..but "some " say they have gotten Great results! Im using (10) t-5 6400 for veg..(6) on top and (2) on each side, all horz. My gals are only about 3'' tall but I like what i see so far. Just kinda unsure when it comes to flowering. ANY tips would be greatly helpful.. Im sure many others would like to hear some of your good tips! Thanks Red
They work fine. Heat isn't as big an issue as it is with hps. I was using a dual 8 bulb ssystem for a total of 12HO T5's. Keep the lamps as close to the plants as possible. They really work well with a sog type grow. I never tried a light mover with them but I bet it would work real nice.

Thanks Weed, How was the quality? Did you use side lighting with them? Im looking for a low key grow. Im will be using the fox farm system for nutes. This is my 1st indoor grow and iv got 7 'Big Bud" ladies. If flowering takes a little longer so be it.....if the quality can get there! just need to hear Im on the right direction!! TY Red

I posted wrong. It was 16 HO T5's.
They work good. I had no complaints. Using 1000w hps in an 8'X8' room now and heat is a real issue. Going to have to spring for a portable AC unit to control the heat. And I have yet to have any better of a grow than I had with the T5's. The only difference I have noticed is my flower time is a week or 2 less with hps.

Howdy Weed, How was your lights arranged? Were they set up in a "radius"? Thats exactly what I would like to do. My thoughts are side lighting. Iv got 10 4' 6400 now...do I need more? Iv got 8 plants in 6" pots...room size is approx 30" deep X 5' wide X 8'. Plan on using 2700 or 3000 for flowering (?) May not be the 'Most efficient" set up... but I think it takes a lot of the hassle out of it. Thanks Weed for you imput Red

Howdy Weed, How was your lights arranged? Were they set up in a "radius"? Thats exactly what I would like to do. My thoughts are side lighting. Iv got 10 4' 6400 now...do I need more? Iv got 8 plants in 6" pots...room size is approx 30" deep X 5' wide X 8'. Plan on using 2700 or 3000 for flowering (?) May not be the 'Most efficient" set up... but I think it takes a lot of the hassle out of it. Thanks Weed for you imput Red
Mine were all overhead. I had some cfl's for side lighting but I don't think they helped all that much. I think its better to just keep the lower stuff trimmed off. Sounds like you should be fine. I kept my bulbs about 6 inches from the tops. I used the 3000k Spectralux bulbs in mine. I use mine for veg now.

I just picked up 2 Sun Blaze 8-bulb 4footers and plan to use them in conjuction with 2 600 watt HPS lights. More than likely the T5's will be side lights after the seedlings are strong. Will be growing in a 4x8 tent.

I think you will fall in luv with this setup! :peace:
Much Luck!

I'm just now starting to look into the T5s.

Looks promising.:yummy:

DD

Back
Top Bottom