TDS EC meter

Taff12

Hi Peeps.

I have read and heard a lot of people talking about EC for example. 1.3.... 2.4 etc but my meter shows me 4 digits rather then 2 for example 0678 0892.

Does any one know how to convert these to 2 digits so that I am on the same wavelength as everyone else?

I can offcourse use the PPM side of things but will be nice to understand the conversion from 4 to 2 digits.

Many thanks

Sent from my SM-N910F using 420

I may be mistaken here but it depends on what solution your meter is calibrated with. I am under the impression that there is at least 2 different solutions for calibration of a TDS pen. One is calibrated to a 500 ppm and the other to a 700 ppm. If your pen is reading 500 ppm and you want the EC it depends on which it was calibrated with. if it was the 500 ppm solution, you would have an EC of 1.0, if it was the 700 ppm solution you would have an EC of less that one (0.8 or what ever it works out to). Just the same the other way. If it was calibrated at 700 and you have 700 ppm you would have an EC of 1.0, if it reads 1400 ppm your EC would be 2.0. You have to be careful when talking EC with other people because their EC can be different if the meter they are using is calibrated with the opposite solutions. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom