The Arrogance Of Authority

Truth Seeker

A DEA officer stopped at a ranch in Texas, and talked with an old rancher. He told the rancher, "I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown drugs."

The rancher said, "Okay, but don't go in that field over there.....", as he pointed out a distant location.

The DEA officer verbally exploded, saying, "Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government with me!"

Reaching into his rear pants pocket, he removed his badge and proudly displayed it to the rancher.

"See this badge?! This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish.... on ANY land!! No questions asked or answers given!! Have I made myself clear...... do you understand???"

The rancher nodded politely, apologized, and went about his chores.

A short time later, the old rancher heard loud screams, looked up and saw the DEA officer running for his life, being chased by the rancher's enormous Santa Gertrudis bull......

With every step the bull was gaining ground on the officer, and it seemed likely that the officer would be gruesomely gored before he reached safety. The man was clearly terrified.

The rancher threw down his tools, ran to the fence and yelled at the top of his lungs.....

"Your badge........ show him your BADGE!!"

DEA4.jpg

True story or not, I loved it. You reap what you sow and it sounds like he`s about to get his.

Peacec& Great Growin`
YR

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Some people should really listen, authority or not, having a badge will never beat having common sense. Great story, no matter how true it is.

A DEA officer stopped at a ranch in Texas, and talked with an old rancher. He told the rancher, "I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown drugs."

The rancher said, "Okay, but don't go in that field over there.....", as he pointed out a distant location.

The DEA officer verbally exploded, saying, "Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government with me!"

Reaching into his rear pants pocket, he removed his badge and proudly displayed it to the rancher.

"See this badge?! This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish.... on ANY land!! No questions asked or answers given!! Have I made myself clear...... do you understand???"

The rancher nodded politely, apologized, and went about his chores.

A short time later, the old rancher heard loud screams, looked up and saw the DEA officer running for his life, being chased by the rancher's enormous Santa Gertrudis bull......

With every step the bull was gaining ground on the officer, and it seemed likely that the officer would be gruesomely gored before he reached safety. The man was clearly terrified.

The rancher threw down his tools, ran to the fence and yelled at the top of his lungs.....

"Your badge........ show him your BADGE!!"

DEA4.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! i LOVED this :cheesygrinsmiley: its moments like those that i live for ;]

I hope everybody reading this thread realizes that the premise of the story is inaccurate: the DEA agent, like any policeman, couldn't legally search the place without the owner's consent unless s/he had a search warrant from a court. You have the right to refuse entry onto your property unless confronted with a search warrant. And warrants are a hassle for police--they have to have the prosecutor apply for the warrant--so they tend to be willing to go to the trouble only in bigger cases.

This could be important in some situations. Suppose you are legal for up to six plants (which is the law in my state), and you have seven. A police officer shows up and asks if s/he can look around. If you consent to a search, you're probably going to have to deal with a misdemeanor charge, and very likely have all your plants confiscated. But if you politely tell the officer you will allow search only under a warrant, it would give you time to dispose of No. 7.

Thats right that's what i love about AMERICA.....Sometimes it works ,and if it doesn't:peace::high-five: get an attorney and whoop there ass red!!!!!!:wood:

Back
Top Bottom