The Babies

Thanks for the confirm, im actually happy i found a few males, the grow room was a little over crowded... Population control at its best :thanks:
Peace- Mikey

Big Sexy Buds, is it safe to say she's a SHE??

Hey Everyone, thanks for the feedback yesterday about the four males I had, I did get rid of them today and they are resting nicely in a trash bin somewhere :high-five: Now, attached here is a pic of plant #001, just to confirm, is it safe to say its a BIG SEXY FEMALE?? Thanks again ya'll

Mikey :peace:

BEEOCH-001A.jpg

BEEOCH-001B.jpg

Oh no, him/her... SheMale... Hermies!!

Alright, as an update, when my lights went on tonight for my light cycle i pulled the girls out to inspect and again found another two "Males" that just started showing signs (grape clusters) over night. SO I got rid of them. But today the newest situation is "HERMIES"! I know what they are and theoretically what they should look like, but Im struggling because tonight I found two for certain what seem to have male and female attributes, something that looks like a flower but then a couple (two maximum) round little balls near the node. If they are Hermies I wanna get 'em out of the room ASAP, but im not sure if thats what they really are.
Im most skeptical of #003# & #005#, to be honest im just guessing when it comes to #012# but i do know that it had a couple spots that made we think twice, so, better safe than sorry...

Please take a look and let me know, Im getting so excited as the girls are starting to flower. Im down from 13 to 7 plants now, and if I have 3 hermies then I'll be down to 4, which is ok i guess, I can put everything I have into these four and also maybe get a couple clones for the next grow.

Peace and look forward to hearing from you, Mike

003-HRMI.jpg

005-HRMI.jpg

012-HRMI.jpg

Hey, its exciting isnt it, I have a couple other threads, "Mickey's Grow Journal" and another one "Help, Male/Female" something like that, just go to my profile and you should be able to find it. Happy flowering Mate!!:thumb:

Check out these sexy ladies

just an update, no questions today. Day 16 of flowering, was 12/12 up until now, I am going to reduce my lights by 30 minutes tomorrow and go with 12.5/11.5 for two weeks then reduce again 13/11 for the rest of the time. Below are a couple of my girls, they finally decided to pull up their skirts and show us the sh*t! :bravo: Some have said in reply to some recent pictures that its too soon to even tell the sex, but i think it was a problem with the area i was showing in the picture which made you think this. Anyway, getting real excited as things are progressing nicely. As im wiritng this a few questions come to mind - .....

1. Flush nutes with pure water a week before harvest??
2. Give 1 (one) or 3 (three) days of dark at the very end?? (i've heard alot of different stuff)
(this is my first grow, so I have alot of uncertains, things will be different next time as I will be clear on
certain things and I will also know what things are a MUST and what things can be experimented with.)
3.If i drop the temps at night it will bring out the "purple/blue-ish" in my plants, this just looks cool yeah? it
does nothing for THC or CBD levels??
4. How much benifit does one actually get from feeding Molasses?? (does any speak against it?)

Alright already, im sure thats enough to keep us busy for a while. Have a great day all and look forward to feedback.

Thanks- Mikey :peace:
THC-012.jpg

THC-001.jpg

From the pictures above it almost looks like they are wanting to push out seeds from the top with the pistils but it could still be too soon to tell. Keep a close eye on that.

I'll just try to answer your questions like this :)

1. Flush nutes with pure water a week before harvest?? I personally flush for two weeks at the end of harvest just to ensure a nice clean burning smoke, I cut off everything from nutes to my unsulph mollasses. Although I will water a couple times towards the end of their lives with no nutes and mollasses for some extra plumping.

2. Give 1 (one) or 3 (three) days of dark at the very end?? (i've heard alot of different stuff). I have done this a couple times, if you have too much bud to harvest at a set time (like I did yesterday and the day before), you can shut your lights off and leave your plants in darkness, im not sure of the whole process but I did see alot more stacking of tichomes.

3.If i drop the temps at night it will bring out the "purple/blue-ish" in my plants, this just looks cool yeah? it
does nothing for THC or CBD levels?? Yes. Only if the strain you are growing already has those charasteristics in its genes. But, it is good to drop the temps closer to harvest as it mimics the coming of fall. Also turning your lights down abit (ex. say from 600w to 450w) towards the end of their life (in my mind) would also mimic fall coming along.

4. How much benifit does one actually get from feeding Molasses?? (does any speak against it?) I do not speak against unsulphered mollasses. I feel it is a great additive to your water and my plants seem to love it! I was told it helps with a stickier and denser bud in the end and am sure it has helped me on my last couple grows. But with everything, never overdue always under shoot. It can also be used to raise pH if need be :thumb:

Hope some of this helps Mick!

:peace: CA :joint:

Early Harvest?? Harvest Overdue.... ahhh!!!

well, here we go... this thing has been such a "learn as I go" project that I didnt realize how little time i had when I germinated my seeds. Anyway, Im 22 days into my flower, going 12.5hrs light and 11.5hours dark. Its random bag seed, I just figured out tonight I have "Nitrogen Toxcity" so Im jst feeding Ph5.8 water for now, and probably for the next two waterings. Anyway, heres the prediciment Im in... Im leaving for 20 days at the very beginning of october, at that point my flower will be at about 6 weeks in, probably too early to harvest...??? So, here's my plan If I dont harvest a bunch of sh*tty w--d early... I'll put them outside on the windowsill, its kind of a "cornered" area, so it doesnt get intense light...(my biggest concern!) its pretty well sheltered from wind and rain, I have an "auto-water" system which I have been "testing and tweaking", its on a timer so I can set it for ex. 5 minutes on Mon. Wed. Fri. So this isnt really my concern, what I want to know is if I get back at the end of week nine and the six plants have survived, will the time have been too long? will I have sacrificed quality levels from being overdue?? (will the trichomes go from cloudy, to amber, to sh*t?) I have no idea what strain it is so it makes it difficult to gauge some of this stuff.

Would appreciate and input/feedback (CHECK OUT THE PICS BELOW)

Thanks! Mikey

flower-power-001.jpg

flower-power-002.jpg

flower-power-003.jpg

nearing the END

due to request I've included a few pics of the girls :circle-of-love:

Im 27 days into flowering, I have to be finished / harvested by October 2nd!! Holy Sh*t!! So the way i see it is I only have about 8-10 days at the most, then I have to cut/hang/dry/cure (how long should that take me?) what other options do i have?:helpsmilie:

Getting ready to harvest: a few steps yes?/no?
1. flush with Ph'ed water a week before chopping down??
2. do a two day total dark period before chopping down??
3. hang upside down to dry in dark? or light?
4. After harvest how do i cure my girls??

thanks all, peace out!! Mikey :peace:

THC-002.jpg

THC-006.jpg

THC-007.jpg

THC-0121.jpg

THC-008.jpg

THC-011.jpg

THC-013.jpg

THC-019.jpg

THC-020.jpg

THC-021.jpg

Do you have a close friend? Brother or Sister? Perhaps romantic partner that you can trust fully, that would take care of the plants for the last couple weeks while your gone? This would be the best bet, you don't really want to harvest small immature plants that havn't reached their full potential would ya? I'd say try to figure something out for someone to act as a care taker for you until they are done but if you have absolutely no one you can trust to either take the plants or come to your house and water/feed/flush your plants for you while you're gone I guess you could maybe chop them down but I wouldn't recommend it. Just my personal opinion, they are you're plants to do what you will with, but put a good effort into finding a care-giver. Best of luck!

Alright guys, I think I get it, thanks for all the good advice, I love straight forward in your face honesty and hearing personal opinions.

IM NOT GONNA CHOP 'EM!

I've decided, I will setup the little auto-watering system on the timer for M-W-Friday, (the the trick is to find a big water barrel to hold enough for 3 weeks.
1. Can I just feed plain PH'ed water for 3 weeks? Or must I mix in some nutes?
2. Will the PH stay set in the water barrel over 3 weeks or will it change with time?
3. Will nutes go bad just sitting in the barrel?

Ok, I'm planning on having a small 12cm fan sucking in air from outside. I will also have a rotary fan on timer turning on for 15 minutes every 2-3 hours to circulate air. Here's the BIG one: I'm putting the plants in front of the "balcony" window, it gets pretty good light all day. So that's the plan, they will be on their own for 3 weeks, I'm kinda nervous, but I guess it's all about learning to let go, ha ha ha.

Now, one more question:
1. My plants are currently under 400W HPS 13dark/11light and the light cycle is during my night time here. So the question is, how do I move my plants to a opposite 12 hour/ natural light schedule without shocking the shit out of them and maybe stunting growth or going hermie??? *maybe skip a light cycle, go 24hrs dark and then pull them out in the morning to start the natural cycle??

Thanks guys, I look forward to feedback, I'm gonna go take my meds :) Peace, Mikey

Can anyone confirm this method? or give some input... Thanks!

THE WATER CURE COMPENDIUM -
===============================

Introduction - What is the water cure? Why would I want to do it?

The water cure has only recently come to light as a widely accepted form of curing. Water curing uses osmosis to flush out the chemicals, pesticides, pests, and anything else you would rather not be smoking. Chlorophyll is also broken down faster in water (chlorophyll = harsh smoke). The water cure is also very fast (about 7 days) with optimal quality (as compared to 30 days air curing), and as well does not stink like an air cure does. Water-cured buds are also more potent than air-cured (however there is proportional weight loss to potency increase).

THC is not water soluable, and the bud is protected from air/light, enabling potency to be maintained at it's highest levels, while the nasty chemicals are flushed out and chlorophyll breaks down. Some growers report being able to add nutes all the way up to their harvest date because the water cure takes care of the built up chemicals.

Because of its speed, stealth and clean taste, water cure is very inviting to most non-commercial growers. The commercial grower might not be attracted to the water cure, as the weight of the bud is diminished.

Water cure can also be attractive to those smoking/cooking with suspect cannabis (schwag), moldy bud, pest infested bud, unflushed bud, etc.

How will my bud taste/smoke/smell/look?

Properly water-cured buds (submerged for 7 days and properly dried) will have a clean, thick taste when smoked, as well as being more potent than air-cured buds. This is one of the major advantages to the water cure; a quick drying process that retains potency and has a clean taste a flavor.

Smoking reports vary, however most people agree that water curing provides a very clean, smooth taste. Those with hashier, sandlewood/piney and harsher strains will find this method enjoyable for the clean, thick flavor without the edge (like a fine whisky).

However, those with frutier tasting strains have mixed results. They report the smoke is almost too smooth - much of the fruity/citrussy flavor removed.

The smell of the bud is greatly diminished, which many believe is one of the positive side-effects of water curing. Some also report a diminished smell in the smoke itself.

Water-cured buds tend to look more earthy and dark in tone. Some say the bag appeal is decreased, however proper care while water-curing can improve bag appeal.

What do I need for this? What is the process?

1. A container hold your bud and appropriate water (about 4 times as much water as amount of bud). A cooler with some kind of drainage works great.

2. A dehydrator or low-impact heat device. Dehydrators work great and cost about $40 from walmart.

3. A cool, dark place to put the water-curing container.

You need at least 7 days to do this, any less than seven can result in undesireable quality. Even 5 days in water is not enough - you need seven!!!

Plop in your freshy cut buds (or schwag, whatever, but fresh buds work best) into enough water to completely submerge the buds. The buds will float to the top for the first few days of this, so you need something to hold them down (a block of wood, a plate, etc). Change the water every day for 7 days, any less than seven could result in undesirable results (trust me). Try not to disturb the buds when changing the water as plant material can break off more easily (read: trichomes). Always keep the lid of the cooler open, do not seal off the container.

The water may take on a yellowish/greenish (even brownish) tint each day, moreso as the bud becomes completely saturated with the water. It will probably also stink. This is good, as it is the nasty chlorophyl and salts exiting your plant.

After 7 days remove the buds from the water. They will be sopping wet, and can be dried relatively quickly. Put the dehydrator on the lowest setting and dry for about 5 hours or so.

7 do's and don'ts of water curing

1. Do not close the lid on the cooler. As the chlorophyll bleeds off into the water it evaporates - this is good and sealing the cooler just puts the crap back in the water.

2. Keep out of direct sunlight.

3. Don't stir or agitate. This serves no useful purpose.

4. Don't bother straining the water for trichomes when you change it each day. I've tried it countless times and have yet to get enough trichones to make it worth the effort, though some hairs will break loose.

5. I've water cured as long as 9 days, but there was no real improvement over the 7 day mark - so why bother?

6. Do use a dehydrator. They cost $35 over at Walmart and you set it on the lowest possible setting. Mine takes about 5 hours to dry out a 1/2 pound of sopping wet buds. If you line dry make sure there is a drip tray or tarp for them to drip on.

7. DO NOT water cure seeded buds that were intentionally seeded so you can harvest seeds. Air cure these buds only...

What is the dry-weight ratio comparison with air curing?

Dry weight using air cure usually returns about 25% of the freshly cut bud weight. That means if you had 10 grams of freshly cut plant, you would get about 2.5 grams dry.

Water cure, on the other hand, returns about 15% from wet to dry. In our 10 gram example, that would be about 1.5 grams.

So why is there less weight using water, but more potency?

THC is not water soluable. When the buds are underwater, they are protected from environmental conditions such as humidity, over exposure to air, temperature, and light. This consistent state is something not easily achieved through the traditional air cure, which can be prone to a harsher smoke with decreased potency if everything isn't just so.

Water cure enables the removal of undesireable elements from your bud while retaining potency.

MPD explains how potency is increased through the water cure

I should explain this so that the conspiracy theory kooks don't land on me like a ton of bricks.

Here's the "magic" behind the increased potency you get by water curing.

For the sake of making it simple, I'll use an example of 100 grams of bud going into the pot.

Now, you had this bud assayed and know that 15% of it is pure THC.

15% of 100 grams is 15 grams. So in our example the 100 grams of fresh bud has 15 grams of THC in it.

You water cure it and dry it. Now you have only 70 grams of bud left. WTF?

But you are deceived because the 15 grams of THC is part of the remaining 70 grams of bud. 15 divided by 70 equals 21.42%.

Sooo....

The mass didn't change, just some of the things that were there - aren't there anymore, so what is left becomes a bigger proportion of the entirety.

You go assay your water cured bud and find out it has 21.42% THC content - a 50% increase in potency.

has anyone ever tried curing your buds in water? Is the "water cure" an actual legitimate method?

Thanks, Mikey

Sh*tty Bagseed on the rise...

Hi everyone-

its now week six of flowering, im heading out of town in 3 days and the girls have been moved to the balcony (still indoors) I've prepared and planned for almost a month now about how to let these things live on their own while im away... I've got a small 4" fan pulling in fresh air from the outside into my enclosed balcony and then a 10" rotary fan blowing around in the balcony (on a 1hour ON/1hour OFF timer), I've also got a 55gallon drum with an auto-water system set up, water with nutes at a very weak strength, but should be enough to provide for what the girls need. I wont be adding Molasses to the water because I've noticed that the molasses takes on a weird smell/brothy bubbly foam on top as it sits (even just after 1-2 days) (DOES ANYONE want to comment on the molasses bit?). Im a little concerned about the humidity inside the balcony (its seems to be a constant 50-70%) usually right around 60% but sometimes up to 70. Also a little concerned about the lighting, going from 400W HPS and 3/65W CFL's to sunlight is a little scary, Its cloudy today and my girls are only getting about 900 Lumens of sunlight... I just hope they can adapt and continue to grow with the signifigant changes and difference of environment. I skipped a light cycle before I pulled them out of the closet, because my lights were "ON" at night (for temperature reasons), skipped the light cycle so my girls would be on the same light schedule as the SUN.

Anyway, cant think of anything else, below are some pics i took just before i wrote this post, the girls are looking pretty good (for random bagseed anyway). I would love some feedback or any comments are welcome.
Three more weeks for these girls will be ok right? It wont be too long will it?? Just afraid of going over the IDEAL harvest time and ending up with "shitty shit"... (Being this is my first grow I've got alot of "questions")

Peace all!! Mikey

THC-009.jpg

THC-010.jpg

THC-0111.jpg

THC-014.jpg

THC-0131.jpg

THC-0122.jpg

THC-016.jpg

THC-015.jpg

I would say they do have ateast another 3 weeks +. Start looking into trichomes. Harvesting during a certain time period is going to giev you different highs, EX. clear=little too soon; cloudy=getting there; seeing some ambers=get ready to start chopping. You are also going to want to give your girls a bit of a flush so tack that on to the the time you have left. I would stay away from a "water cure" and go with the hang dry method, a hell of alot easier, and sounds stress free. With the water cure method if not careful it could mold your nugs. I think the water cure method is used when you don't flush your plants correctly and you need to remove unwanted stuff from your buds, but, im not sure. The girls are looking healthy though, keep it up! :)

Re: Sh*tty Bagseed on the rise...

1. flush with Ph'ed water a week before chopping down?? I definitely would, atleast for a week, if not two.

2. do a two day total dark period before chopping down?? I have done this and saw a good amount of trichs building up, give it a shot if time persists!

3. hang upside down to dry in dark? or light? I usually hang my branches upside down on clothes hangers, in as dark cool closet around 70f degrees.

4. After harvest how do i cure my girls?? You are going to want to cure your nugs in an air tight mason jar with the rubber tight seal, burping every day consistently until you have relieved enough built up moisture so they wont mold.

Hope this helps :)

Well, I'm BACK!! Out of town for three weeks, the girls were alone at home. In front of the big balcony window, auto-water system, and a couple fans going... I say with EXUBERANCE in my voice, "they" are PUMPIN'! I couldn't have asked for a better outcome.

Anyway, I did a full water flush yesterday, I'm planning on giving them one more week before I chop.

1. Should I flush again? How many times?

Sorry I didn't get any pics up, will try to do that in the next day or two... (This mobile APP should have pic upload option?!?!)

Peace out!! Mikey

Back
Top Bottom