The Florida senate

tronix

So I signed an online petition to one of my states senators for the legalization of MJ, and of course, I get a form letter as a response, so I thought I'd share it, and break down, what I interpret it to say, maybe I'm wrong, we'll see.

Arthenia L. Joyner said:
Dr Mr. ****

Thank you for your letter outlining your support regarding the decriminalization of marijuana. I appreciate the time you have taken to share your opinions with me.
At this time, the vast majority of states, as well as the federal government, have criminal penalties for the cultivation, distribution, possession and the use of marijuana. The Food and Drug administration has not approved the use of marijuana for medicinal or any other purposes other than through authorized drug studies. I am not aware of any provisions being considered in Florida or at the federal level to alter existing prohibitions on the use of marijuana.
Your advocacy on issues of concern to you is admirable. I always appreciate hearing the views of my constituents on issues for which I may be asked to vote in my service in the Florida Senate.

Sincerely,
Arthenia L. Joyner
State Senator, District 18

Now here's my take on her letter.

Arthenia L. Joyner said:
Dr Mr. ****

Thank you for your letter outlining your support regarding the decriminalization of marijuana. I appreciate the time you have taken to share your opinions with me.

Futile, as it may be, as this form letter suggests. despite any attempt on our parts to make the letter look legit.

Arthenia L. Joyner said:
At this time, the vast majority of states, as well as the federal government, have criminal penalties for the cultivation, distribution, possession and the use of marijuana. The Food and Drug administration has not approved the use of marijuana for medicinal or any other purposes other than through authorized drug studies. I am not aware of any provisions being considered in Florida or at the federal level to alter existing prohibitions on the use of marijuana.

really, because seems like it's in the news all the time, funny, that you being a senator, wouldn't know of "any"
when a nobody, Joe blow like me, has heard of several initiatives.

Arthenia L. Joyner said:
Your advocacy on issues of concern to you is admirable. I always appreciate hearing the views of my constituents on issues for which I may be asked to vote in my service in the Florida Senate.
despite knowing you wont do one lick of work to investigate and determine marijuana's usefulness on your own accord, instead of just throwing the same garbage all the time, back in our face.

And Mrs. Joyner, I am NOT a constituent, that would seem to imply that you have a chance in hell of getting my vote, and I am happy to inform you, that, you don't.

You can't change a culture like this, when the lawmakers, don't know what they're talking about, the Federal government wont allow the FDA to eliminate it's biggest cash crop..The people we elect to represent us, don't give a damn about the people that elected them in the first place, and frankly no one is making an effort to do anything, because it isn't being done, despite not being able to find a good reason not to.

The people are screaming and no one is listening, and this stupid form letter is proof...:rolleyes3

florida sucks man cop got me with not even a nic and bro and minimum sentence isa year man luckily it was my first offense so i got probation but yea we need a bigger movement on mmj in florida i jus wish every 1 would come together like they do in cali

Back
Top Bottom