The long overdue introduction of TOG.

TheOldGuy

I'm TheOldGuy.

My name may be a bit misleading since I was born in 1984, but after you get to know me, it may make a little more sense.

I live in my home town of San Antonio, TX. I was born into a family with two sisters, a mother, and a father. My mother was a student at St. Mary's University, and my father was a self-employed artist. My sisters are twins, and were two years old when I came into the house.

I learned to read at the age of four, and entertained myself by reading encyclopedias on through elementary school. I learned about dinosaurs, sharks, cities, presidents, plant life, and countless other subjects, most of which is tucked away in my brain where I can't find it. Yes, I was a nerd for a very long time. It wasn't until middle school did I realize that I didn't have to keep my nose in the books to be smart. It wasn't until after high school did I realize that public school is about learning work ethic, not about science, history, or math. Now I'm in college. I've taken one full semester plus I've completed a course this semester and attended a seminar which puts me at 16 total credit hours. Last semester, I got an A in Government, a B in Philosophy (should've been an A), a B in math and a C in English.

Despite my fairly good grades, I have made the life-changing decision to enlist into the US Army. I got sick of watching other people participating in history while I sat on the couch eating chips. I leave for boot camp at Ft. Sill, OK on Nov. 24, 2004. Boot camp will last 12 weeks and I will enter Field Artillery training for 9 weeks on top of that. Afterwards, I will spend four years fighting for our mililtary, probably in either Iraq or Afghanistan. I originally went for Journalism, but after being denied a security clearance, I decided to blow shit up.

In 4 1/2 years, I will return to civilian life, and probably once again become a student. I will not give up my goals of becoming a journalist. I plan on reading many books while overseas. WHich books I will read, I do not yet know, but I will try to read books written by teaching professors. That way, I can enroll in the schools where they teach and I will already have a head start in their classes. I will know not only the course material, but also the professor. I reccomend this method of acheivement to anyone who has definite goals set out for their future.

I began smoking towards the end of 8th grade. I smoked all through high school, and still smoke today. I enjoy smoking marijuana because it is relaxing and let's face it: Video games are 10x better when you're blitzed. I also like to play basketball, baseball, write, draw, paint, and argue while stoned. Just about the only I don't like to do high is... well... Hell, I even like to clean, mow the yard, go to school, do homework, and play darts when I'm high. I guess that doesn't leave a lot of room for things I don't like.

Let's review...

1. San Antonio, 1984

2. Smart, bad in high school, good in college

3. Army, Field Artillery, leave next Wednesday

4. Everything is better with weed.

Best intro I've read yet. Good luck and be safe when you are out serving our country. Slayer

Much respect O.G. much respect Joint
And not because this is the only intro i've had to reply too, but because..simply put, You are the man.

I've never heard of the "freakhole." There's another "TheOldGuy" out there?

You didnt mention the part where you corrubted me...

good luck tog.... sucks you have to miss thanksgiving with your fam...

anyway, best of luck my friend... we'll be here when you get back... in 4 1/2

Back
Top Bottom