the "Re-use" of soil

Red-Cricket

Hello All, Can one re-use the soil after harvest? I got 6 plant in 2 gal buckets and wondering if the soil could be reused? In the middle of winter...many garden shops do not carry soil and extras. Thanks

I've reused soil from males, but never after a harvest. At harvest time the plant has pretty much used everything in the soil and the rest was probably flushed out. Salt buildup and other things can be in the soil. Ya might just have to order some soil online. I know shipping is going to be a bitch, but if you went through a full grow with some soil, i doubt it can be used again. You will likely run into issues bro.

dro :surf:

I re use mine all the time.

That being said, I make my own mix and have never used 'store bought' soil. In fact, mine is soil less.

This is mostly for container plants, but I have done it with pot. It depends on how much used mix I have vs fresh mix and how lazy I am about mixing up a fresh batch.:grinjoint: I have done all used mix and a LOT of used and fresh mixed. Say if I need 30 gallons of mix and only have 15 fresh, I'll add used till I get enough.

Never had any major problems, but I also hold off on the nutes till I see what the plant is going to do.

Try it on a FEW plants and see how it works for you.:rollit:

DD

I just pulled some males after 3 weeks of 12/12. I intended to salvage the soil for future use. However the pots were so full of roots I could not get enough soil to worry about. Off to compost and I will start fresh on the next grow.

IMG_09342.JPG

I just pulled some males after 3 weeks of 12/12. I intended to salvage the soil for future use. However the pots were so full of roots I could not get enough soil to worry about. Off to compost and I will start fresh on the next grow.

IMG_09342.JPG

Yep, thats what usually happens if everything works right all you're left with is a rootball. But it still works good for composting and reusing in soil.

Yep, thats what usually happens if everything works right all you're left with is a rootball. But it still works good for composting and reusing in soil.

Exactly!

The roots have nutes and those special myco fungi and it's all good.

Nice looking rootball SC. The way it should look.

DD

The only real issue is if you have a bad salt build up. But the 2 weeks of flushing before harvest should get rid of most of that.

Back
Top Bottom