Getting a second use of soil using Geoflora veg

Tedmarx38

I want to reuse soil that’s been utilized in one past crop. It’s Fox Farms Happy Frog.

I bought Geoflora veg and bloom previously and I see that they recommend using 1 oz/per gallon of soil of their Veg product to amend soil
prior to transplanting.

Anyone tried this and if so what were the results?

You can get a couple of uses out of Happy Frog, but after 6 or 8 months of use the sphagnum moss that comprises 70% of it will start to break down, and that will send the soil sharply acidic. Ocean Forest does not have this liability, and can be used over and over again, or at least until the soil begins to fall apart. If you are using a good nutrient system like Geoflora, there is no need for the soil to become depleted, its just that over time the soil will eventually lose its ability to clump together and temporarily store nutrients and water.

You can get a couple of uses out of Happy Frog, but after 6 or 8 months of use the sphagnum moss that comprises 70% of it will start to break down, and that will send the soil sharply acidic. Ocean Forest does not have this liability, and can be used over and over again, or at least until the soil begins to fall apart. If you are using a good nutrient system like Geoflora, there is no need for the soil to become depleted, its just that over time the soil will eventually lose its ability to clump together and temporarily store nutrients and water.
Thanks friend. Appreciate everyone’s insight

Back
Top Bottom