Soil and pests questions

Desertrat60

Hey folks , I have some questions about soil , mites and thrips . When I started my indoor grow this past march I used 3. parts Fox Farm Ocean forest to 1 part Happy Frog soil conditioner . Things were great . I used Fox Farm Dirty Dozen nutes as per their recommendations . At 15 weeks , things took a monumental dump . My plants started looking bad and literally dying off overnight . I came up here and read some more and checked my plants . They were infested with thrips and mites . Yesterday I sprayed them tobacco juice and today another one was gone . So far my big girl is okay , she is the last of 5 , with 2 getting baked outside in this Nevada heatwave .
Here is my take , these little sh!ts came in through my soil . What say you ? I'm considering doing my own soil mixture and bake ,, again Nevada's weather should make the mix go nuclear and kill any interlopers . Who here has tried some of the "soil" recipes here on 420' ? Any favorites for indoor growing ?
Later , Steve

Check out my journal. I use ProMix, earthworm castings, and amendments, foliars, and drenches all engineered specifically for the Promix HP by a lab. Many people use this "kit". None of us ever have serious problems with pests. There is a pretty large community of growers using Hi-Brix soil. The results are amazing.

Better yet, stop by this thread. Introduce yourself. Share your experience and meet some of the growers. You'll be happy you did. I promise.

[h=3]Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures[/h]

I'm doing a derivative of SuperSoil. It's my first run with it but I'm liking it so far at 24 weeks in.

Check out my journal. I use ProMix, earthworm castings, and amendments, foliars, and drenches all engineered specifically for the Promix HP by a lab. Many people use this "kit". None of us ever have serious problems with pests. There is a pretty large community of growers using Hi-Brix soil. The results are amazing.

Better yet, stop by this thread. Introduce yourself. Share your experience and meet some of the growers. You'll be happy you did. I promise.

[h=3]Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures[/h]

Thanks I really appreciate it . Sorry so late . Heat and fires are on the menu here . This grow is an entire wash-out after 18 weeks . The tobacco juice did in the bugs and plants . Doesn't help when there's 5% humidity (Humility) and 110* . Thanks for the invite too . When things slack off I'll get on up at the thread . I have it saved now .
Steve "The Desert Rat"

Back
Top Bottom