Can I reuse soil?

rastapops

I was wondering if i could reuse soil, or is the salt build up to high to resuse And if i can how?ps...im using ffof

I'm not a soil guy, but I follow a couple guys in instagram that talk about "no till" gardening where they constantly reuse the same soil (I think he was on the 45th cycle) and they grow some gorgeous ladies. Perhaps could be a starting point for some research.

I have always been a soil gardener. The trick in keeping any soil mix going is to divide it up and add new ingredients, whatever formula you are using.

If you're going 100% organic, you need to have a container "cooking", that is maturing/composting while you use your current soil. Each time you do this, you'll try different additives and improve your soil.

This what Nature does through the seasons, adding dropped leaves, bird poop, stuff that blows in on the wind, etc. The difference is that we humans experiment with our additives with the goal of bigger, better harvest.

Not trying to highjack but can Anyone give detailed examples of how it's done

Psalm 104:14

"He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and the herb for the service of Man".

I keep my used soil in big, opaque plastic storage tubs, lid on, in cool location, for about six months. Keep the soil slightly moist by adding water occasionally. I throw in root balls, stems, leaf, and a little organic compose from the kitchen (fruit peels, lettuce, stuff like that) at the beginning, and mix it all up. Six months later I have fresh soil, no organics left, ready to go. When doing this use a ph and nute soil test kit on the composted soil before use, just to be safe. Also I'll replenish this with new materials, soil, perlite, moss, and mix up two batches out of one compost when needed.

You can reuse this for other things too, like house plants and such. Saves a ton of money too.

Back
Top Bottom