The skinny on seedlings - one is droopy and both are lime green on edges

BertSquawk

Howdy

So, I'm doing my first indoor grow and I have to say that finding a definitive guide on seed to vegetative state has been nearly impossible; so much contradictory information out there!

At any rate, here's where I am at: I planted two White Rhino seeds into a small bio-pot filled with Black Gold seedling mix and both sprouted about 4 days later - one definitely lagging slightly behind the other from day 1.

Fast forward to 1 week as sprouts and I'm seeing a few odd signs on both plants. The healthier plant looks strong but has a faint yellowish tint appearing along the edges of the true leaves - whereas the runtier plant has slightly curling tip and yellow color on the seed leaves.

Both plants are under 180 watts of 6500k CFL at about 6 inches distance - room temp is 77 degrees and humidity is above 70% at the moment. Well water Ph is totally in the zone.

Pulling info from various sources leads me to think that the yellowing is either a lack of nutrients (I have added nothing to the seedling mix/water up to this point), too close to the lights, or a watering issue. Those are a LOT of variables to play around with at this delicate state. I realize that it's typical to hold off on nutrients until the 3rd set of leaves appear but as this seedling soil contains no nutrients, does that rule still apply?

I'm attaching close-ups of the two plants and hoping somebody can advise. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom