The story of Princess

Jackalope

If you have not read the story about Cinderella 99 you need to. It is the story of how a legend was born. The fact that the legend came to be after the strain was no longer available is what makes this a true Cinderella story. As a clone only strain it was copied and hybridized for years. The legend still grew. Over the years I have smoked a lot of it and grown it once. Never finding what the strain to be what they said it was. Don't get me wrong a lot of it was good. Most had to much of a indica high when they had the right structure. It is supposed to have indica structure and a sativa high.
That is what they say anyway. The story tells it all, and why it was all done. I recently grew the Grimm Brothers Cinderella 99. This strain is everything they say it is. It grew how they said it would, it matured how they said it would, it got you high like they said it would. You just don't find that in a strain very often.
5 days ago I clipped a bud to try. At the time there was still about 1/2 and 1/2 cloudy and clear trichomes. 90% of the hairs were red and the plant was at 45 days. The beginning of the harvest time they suggest. After 4 days it was dry enough to smoke. NEVER before have I been so impressed with a strain after a just a 4 day dry. I felt the first hit right away. I never feel the first hit or 2 in the morning so that says a lot. 4 hits later I was in a perfect place. Strong sativa's has a tendency to make me spacey. This high had none of that. A perfect high for me in the fact it hits you behind the eyes like Headband. I like a high I can feel. Not only was it a great high it lasted. Most highs from sativa dominate strains wear off or go unnoticed after less then a hour. This was just as clear and just as strong 2 hours later. Which is about as long as I ever go without topping off a buzz. Then it only took a couple hits to bring me back where I wanted to be. Flavor was there even with no cure and a half ass'ed dry. Not just there, It was great. Like it says there is no sign of skunk here at all. Sweet spice flavors with a hint of pine. I don't do great at identifying flavors. I have come up with one way to put it though. "The flavor of success". When a strain has great flavor it should be able to be tasted well after the hit is blown out. This does all of that. Tons of different smells and flavors now days. When Cinderella came out that was not the case. Probably one of the reasons this strain made the impression that it did. Terepene levels in this strain are very high for back then.
I was going to let this plant go tell I just started to see amber trichomes. Decided not to with this plant. Why risk this loosing this high. It is perfect right now. It got 5 more days and is now around 75% cloudy. Still enough clear trichomes that I know this stuff is going to get stronger. I just don't know how much this stuff will change as it fully matures. It could get to the point where it does not fit my needs anymore. I have plenty of indica so I don't need my sativas to have a mellow side. The extra few days will help define the already great flavor and shore up the perfect high. I have one other plant that will be taken all the way to the end to see what happens. For now I have to sit here and drool tell it is ready to smoke. In the future I will know where I need to harvest this strain.
Here are a couple pics of the plant that will be harvested today.

This is not a strain review. This is for the growers out there. In most case's out there you can just grow anybodies seeds of a certain strain. When it comes to the true "Legends" out there. You really need to go to the originators of a strain. There is so much difference. When they say Cinderella is the pinnacle of a indoor strain it's not a lie. I may have grown stronger weed who knows I can't test it. Grimm Brothers Cinderella 99 could very well be the best strain I have ever grown.

Second plant says it is ready NOW. So it is. That is 2 sativa domanate plants in less then 60 days flower to harvest. That is just part of the appeal of it. There may be something out there now days but I haven't grown it. What makes this strain great is the fact that it can do most things perfectly. Growth rate, production, flower time, easy to grow, great high. What more could anyone want. As of yet I have not found this strain racy at all. Still needs much more testing. While a sativa high I could also relax with it. I won't be growing this strain again tell I can self plants better. I want to save this just as it is.

If you have not read the story about Cinderella 99 you need to. It is the story of how a legend was born. The fact that the legend came to be after the strain was no longer available is what makes this a true Cinderella story. As a clone only strain it was copied and hybridized for years. The legend still grew. Over the years I have smoked a lot of it and grown it once. Never finding what the strain to be what they said it was. Don't get me wrong a lot of it was good. Most had to much of a indica high when they had the right structure. It is supposed to have indica structure and a sativa high.
That is what they say anyway. The story tells it all, and why it was all done. I recently grew the Grimm Brothers Cinderella 99. This strain is everything they say it is. It grew how they said it would, it matured how they said it would, it got you high like they said it would. You just don't find that in a strain very often.
5 days ago I clipped a bud to try. At the time there was still about 1/2 and 1/2 cloudy and clear trichomes. 90% of the hairs were red and the plant was at 45 days. The beginning of the harvest time they suggest. After 4 days it was dry enough to smoke. NEVER before have I been so impressed with a strain after a just a 4 day dry. I felt the first hit right away. I never feel the first hit or 2 in the morning so that says a lot. 4 hits later I was in a perfect place. Strong sativa's has a tendency to make me spacey. This high had none of that. A perfect high for me in the fact it hits you behind the eyes like Headband. I like a high I can feel. Not only was it a great high it lasted. Most highs from sativa dominate strains wear off or go unnoticed after less then a hour. This was just as clear and just as strong 2 hours later. Which is about as long as I ever go without topping off a buzz. Then it only took a couple hits to bring me back where I wanted to be. Flavor was there even with no cure and a half ass'ed dry. Not just there, It was great. Like it says there is no sign of skunk here at all. Sweet spice flavors with a hint of pine. I don't do great at identifying flavors. I have come up with one way to put it though. "The flavor of success". When a strain has great flavor it should be able to be tasted well after the hit is blown out. This does all of that. Tons of different smells and flavors now days. When Cinderella came out that was not the case. Probably one of the reasons this strain made the impression that it did. Terepene levels in this strain are very high for back then.
I was going to let this plant go tell I just started to see amber trichomes. Decided not to with this plant. Why risk this loosing this high. It is perfect right now. It got 5 more days and is now around 75% cloudy. Still enough clear trichomes that I know this stuff is going to get stronger. I just don't know how much this stuff will change as it fully matures. It could get to the point where it does not fit my needs anymore. I have plenty of indica so I don't need my sativas to have a mellow side. The extra few days will help define the already great flavor and shore up the perfect high. I have one other plant that will be taken all the way to the end to see what happens. For now I have to sit here and drool tell it is ready to smoke. In the future I will know where I need to harvest this strain.
Here are a couple pics of the plant that will be harvested today.

This is not a strain review. This is for the growers out there. In most case's out there you can just grow anybodies seeds of a certain strain. When it comes to the true "Legends" out there. You really need to go to the originators of a strain. There is so much difference. When they say Cinderella is the pinnacle of a indoor strain it's not a lie. I may have grown stronger weed who knows I can't test it. Grimm Brothers Cinderella 99 could very well be the best strain I have ever grown.
I can feel it brother! Thanks for the great ponderance. Checking em out right now.

I have to be honest. Since I bragged it up so much. Not sure about the final weight yet. This all can be laid on me though. I don't push plants at all and tend to underfeed rather then overfeed. This and the fact that i didn't know how fast or when to push them. They finish fast and need plenty of food early on. First grow of anything there is a learning curve. These will still do well over a oz per plant so they are well past what I am happy with.
The high is everything with this one. If it produced a 1/2 oz I would still grow it.

I have to be honest. Since I bragged it up so much. Not sure about the final weight yet. This all can be laid on me though. I don't push plants at all and tend to underfeed rather then overfeed. This and the fact that i didn't know how fast or when to push them. They finish fast and need plenty of food early on. First grow of anything there is a learning curve. These will still do well over a oz per plant so they are well past what I am happy with.
The high is everything with this one. If it produced a 1/2 oz I would still grow it.
Thanks Jlope, It's all about the pleasure baby!

Another thing to add here. Years ago I found a guy that would ship weed from Amsterdam to the US. I only order once but one of those strains was a coffee shop Jack Herer. Great energetic high only problem is you kept forgetting what you were doing.
I see alt of those characteristics in the Cinderella. Except the confusion. C-99 is really clear headed for as strong as it is. It kind of lends to the idea that is was different pollen that made those 3 seeds in that bag of Jack.
Whats really funny is how many elite strains have come from "bag seed".
Og,Chem, Diesel and all their offspring all came from a bag of Grateful Dead weed. Cindy, Genius and others from a bag of Jack Herer.
Mystery Males or just hiding their true genetics you make the call LMAO.

Here is a bit of a update on the Cinderella. First plant was just short of 2 ounces. Not the 4 oz they say they get but I'm happy with it.
I have learned to make a joint of this last all day long. I have noticed this effect before with other strains. If you do it right the one you smoke first is the dominate high you will have. I used to do this with Exodus Cheese and Headband. The highs of these is so pronounced it is easy to notice. When I started with the high I really liked. I could follow it with some of my Tahoe Og I could keep bumping up the high that I liked. It is weird but if you read this you need to try it.
Like I said I do this with the Cinderella. I can smoke one joint of Cindy last by only smoking a 1/3 at a time. When I wanted to be higher I pull out a joint of Reek "which is a Tahoe cross" and bump myself right back to that great Cinderella high.

Funny story. I grew c99 years ago in a state where it was not legal. They were f2 seeds from Joey Weed I purchased on cbay at the time. Very consistent strain. Anyhow whenever I’d smoke it I’d get so paranoid. I’d swear the cops were on the other side of my door waiting to break it down and arrest me. It almost made me rip out my grow on several occasions. I grew it for a year or so and just never got used to it. Ended up giving most of it away and smoking it with friends. They didn’t get nearly the same anxiety attacks I did from it. Anyhow kudos on your grow!

I have noticed flashes of paranoia here and there. Mostly it is not a issue. Something that does not happen much. Still I have found ways to control it. Mostly just by smoking less of it at one time. Mixing up others strains with it cure any paranoia and make it last longer.

Here is a bit of a update on the Cinderella. First plant was just short of 2 ounces. Not the 4 oz they say they get but I'm happy with it.
I have learned to make a joint of this last all day long. I have noticed this effect before with other strains. If you do it right the one you smoke first is the dominate high you will have. I used to do this with Exodus Cheese and Headband. The highs of these is so pronounced it is easy to notice. When I started with the high I really liked. I could follow it with some of my Tahoe Og I could keep bumping up the high that I liked. It is weird but if you read this you need to try it.
Like I said I do this with the Cinderella. I can smoke one joint of Cindy last by only smoking a 1/3 at a time. When I wanted to be higher I pull out a joint of Reek "which is a Tahoe cross" and bump myself right back to that great Cinderella high.
I'll give that a try. I hate to run my favorites out

Back
Top Bottom