The Wailers

sharpieboy99

I just read that Junior Marvin is going back out on tour with Al Anderson and Wya Lindo as "The Original Wailers". That will be interesting to hear. There have been quite a few different incarnations of The Wailers over the years, and for me, nothing beats the OG band with Bob, Bunny and Peter Tosh at the core. Anyone care to disagree? Has anyone heard the 'new' lineup?

For reference:

The Wailers: Bob Marley, Junior Braithwaite, Beverley Kelso, Bunny Wailer, Peter Tosh, Cherry Smith, Carlton Barrett and Aston Barrett.

Bob Marley and The Wailers: Bob Marley, Carlton and Aston Barrett, Junior Marvin, Al Anderson, Tyrone Downie, Wya Lindo and Seeco Patterson.

The Wailers Band: Elan Atias, Aston Barrett, Keith Sterling, Anthony Watson, Audley Chisholm, Chico Chin, Everald Gayle, Brady Walters and Cegee Victory

The Original Wailers: Al Anderson, Wya Lindo and Junior Marvin

i Saw 'the wailers' in the summer of '08 and honestly compared to some of the other reggae acts i saw that summer i was not that impressed. Esp considering the price i paid, which was $40! though the price was impart due to the fact i was on martha's vineyard and also because it was a benefit show. either way they were ok, but i'd say john browns body and roots underground are putting out much better music and putting on much better shows these days. ofcourse saying this in no way reflects upon the wailers of yesterday, greatness such as that can never be discounted.

That's unfortunate to hear. I've heard The Wailers still have a great live show, and well worth $40. Maybe it was just an off night for the band. Also probably has something to do with being in Marthas Vineyard...

The Wailing Wailers,Pete,Bunny,and Bob. "Kaya" from circa 1968 is still my favorite song about smokin' weed.

I thought Junior Murvin had died. Nice to know he's still with us.

Are Chico Chin and Robbie Chin one and the same,or is Chico another guy? Robbie was an on and off player for the Wailers and Peter Tosh throughout the 70's.

It was all about the original Wailers: Peter, Bunny and Bob are untouchable as a trio. Aside from that incarnation of the band, The Wailers Band put on a really good live show. Check them out if you can.

Back
Top Bottom