Thieves Steal Pot, Food Bank Donations And Toys

MedicalNeed

Just days after voters shot down Prop. 19 to legalize pot, a medical marijuana dispensary has been ransacked, and the reefer madness was all caught on tape.

Two suspects wearing dark hooded sweatshirts smashed through the front window of the Unity Non-Profit Collective on Tribute Road in Sacramento overnight. However, they couldn't get through the bullet-proof doors that lead to the room where the medical marijuana is kept.

That's when one of them climbed up into the ceiling and then jumped down into the other room.

The two then smashed several glass display cases with crowbars and took the medical marijuana loading up their stash in black duffel bags. From start-to-finish, the burglary took just three minutes.

The director of Unity Collective, Don Johnson, says the thieves got away with several thousand dollars in medical marijuana and $15,000 worth of money, food and toys the Collective had been collecting for the Sacramento Food Bank.

Johnson believes the dispensary was targeted because he took a stand against Prop. 19.

An on-line blog called "Cannabis Warrior" called for people to boycott certain organizations that were against the measure to legalize pot. Yesterday, the website posted the name and address of the Unity Collective as one of those organizations.

"I have a really hard time believing that that's coincidence, we've been open for two years without an incident, and the same day we were put on the list we not only were broken into, but just ransacked," said Johnson.

CBS13's Nick Janes emailed the author of the "Cannabis Warrior" block who wrote back saying " I think you giving his epic tale of sorrow shows it must be a slow news day. My opinion is that the entire story is an irrelevant conclusion."

NewsHawk: MedicalNeed:420 MAGAZINE
Source:cbs13.com
Reporting: Nick Janes
Copyright: MMX Sacramento Television Stations Inc.
Website:Thieves Steal Pot, Food Bank Donations And Toys - cbs13.com

Back
Top Bottom