Things to look for in a pipe bowl.

Giff

Im new to smoken from things outside of joints and ghaddies. Looking for advice for my first pipe, bowl and bongs. tanks in advance.

Im a fan of a metal pipe just because your not going to break it if it falls and i like metal...

The most importaint thing is thick glass, cause pipes break, and I guarentee you'll drop it a few times. Next thing is to make sure it's not so narrow so it's hard to pull, I've seen crappy pieces where you had to suck real hard just to get a hit. I guess the only other thing is make sure the actual bowl is the right size, depending on how much you like to smoke, it can be a pain having a small bowl that you have to keep packing and repacking. Most importaint make sure you like the way it looks, because when you have a pipe, it becomes like a part of you, basically then one thing you stare at the most when you're high :bongrip:

If you get a good thick glass pipe it should stand up to a few drops. I've droped one of mine and hit my weight bench. Look for some thing you like, and make sure you check how thick it is.

the guy who owns the place across from secrets in chicago does that, i think his shop is pipes and stuff. thats where i got my glass pipe, and im pretty sure mine is a production piece cause i know a girl who has the exact same design but a different color, mabey different amount of times smoked out of or sumthing. but i love it anyways, the colors are comming in so nice too. lol and the place a block south of those 2 places is exactly the oposite, they try to be overly careful with the pieces, expecially bongs, and sell u a padded case haha, i woulda gotten 1 but it was another 2/3 the price of what i was buying.

forgot what we were talking about, things to look for in a bowl?
-thickness, color, design, bowl size(circumfrence and depth), size of hole(ive boughten a piece that was metal and the hole is so big u need to use a screen or it will suck threw but if too small would be hard to pull)
-also, side fo the bowl that the clear hole is on and placement(want it to be comfortable to hold)
-not necessary but nice - if the bottom of the bowl under where you pack is flat it will stay put when you set it down, and be easier to pack
-overall size - if this is your first pipe, you might want to make sure it is a convienient size, if you are in there and see the 1000s of beautiful pipes and even more so if your high, you might get a little overzelous and pick some big extravagant piece and only later realize it wont fit in your pocket comfortably, if you plan on toting it around regularly
-BARGIN!!! i have never been to a bowl shop anywhere where they wouldn't take off at least $5 if the purchase was like $30+
-lol funny last one - if your in key west, make sure the bowl isnt ment to look like a penis, unless your into that.

good luck finding a nice piece

GLASS PIPE:
Check for thickness of the pipe;
Not a factory made by the dozen pipe;
Check for nice colors on it, whatever colors float your boat;
Find one with a nice bowl that will be able to gather all the weed in;
Take it in your hands and see if it's easy to handle and grab and easy access to the carb hole;
Deal the price;
Pack the bowl, lit the green, get high.

i dunno about you guys, but i check to see what type of glass its blown out of before i buy, than i dont have to worry about sturiness or thickness. note* some glass's are stronger than others.

If you get double or triple blown its not going to break. Triple especially mine is so thick. I have dropped it a few times on purpose to show how good it is. I never drop it normally though. And if you are clumsy just don't smoke near tile or hardwood. I dropped mine on carpet from about 4 feet up and it didn't do shit. Metal doesnt taste good and it heats up very easily. Also the screen on metals get nasty. If you even have a screen on your glass its a glass one which don't get very nasty at all. Although I personally don't use a screen at all.

DaHui said:
GLASS PIPE:
Check for thickness of the pipe;
Not a factory made by the dozen pipe;
Check for nice colors on it, whatever colors float your boat;
Find one with a nice bowl that will be able to gather all the weed in;
Take it in your hands and see if it's easy to handle and grab and easy access to the carb hole;
Deal the price;
Pack the bowl, lit the green, get high.

that was the best answer lol everything is said!

Thanks for the advice guys, bought one earlyer today. soon as i find my damn camera il snap a pic of it.

thick and sturdy wins the race!

also you want to check the hole at the bottom of the bowl; to big and itll fireball like crazy, too small and itll clog all the time so you want a nice in between.

i myself dig a nice sized carb, too small and it doesnt hit very hard, but then again too big and itll slam the back of your throat so keep this in mind when buying a new piece.

also think about how comfy the mouth piece will be, some styles look cool and all but just arent a comfortable fit ya know?

also hows it feel in your hand? easy to hold?

also as stated before, go for a one-of-a-kind glass, production pieces are what you bring out for parties cuz theres always someone out for a five finger discount

Make sure the hole in the bowl isn't so big your herb will fall through and get sucked down your throat. I didn't check that and mine was a little big so I ended up having to get some glass screens.

Personally, if you get a bowl with a carb make sure its a big carb and the hole in the bowl is little, it makes clearing your pipe that much easier

a·non·y·mous said:
a screen made from glass?

Yeah, they don't look like mesh screens-they look like little tripods. There's a little nub on the bottem that fills up the hole most of the way and the three legs lay across the bowl to keep it in place. They also gave me one that looked like a little flower with the little nub too. They are blown glass and can be pretty, but are also expensive. They normally charge a few dollers for one, but the dude gave me 3 for a doller, so it was cool. Still, it's more of a pain to empty out ash because you don't want to lose the screen since they are expensive but they get gross and resin-y so I don't like to touch it either.

Back
Top Bottom