Thinking it is harvest time?

WhackaMole

420 Member
My first crop is soon to be harvested.. I flipped a few colas to get light on the flip side? I am nervous, I am not sure how to Harvest an cure... Overnite seems it went from 30% to 85% Purple!! Smells and Tastes like Fruity Pebbles!! Can’t Wait To Cook & Dab!!!
I took a these pics after I saw how much it changed overnight! This plant is in the corner it has Many colas and Thick solid buds Deep inside.... Yum Yum

Attachments

• C5DDFF3E-4CF9-48B2-B607-2237E7E87528.jpeg
    C5DDFF3E-4CF9-48B2-B607-2237E7E87528.jpeg
    775.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 26F1429E-3B97-449D-9E12-079870991485.jpeg
    26F1429E-3B97-449D-9E12-079870991485.jpeg
    598.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 60AC4F57-C668-4B2F-AEBA-E9DC84F891B8.jpeg
    60AC4F57-C668-4B2F-AEBA-E9DC84F891B8.jpeg
    820.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 7B4F2369-FFF1-463A-8F18-828480E9475B.jpeg
    7B4F2369-FFF1-463A-8F18-828480E9475B.jpeg
    484 KB · Views: 98
Harvest is easy. A quick snip and it's off for their initial trim. I just cut off the fan leaves, and hang the plant in a cool dark place for a few days where the humidity is 40% - 50%. The snap test will let you know when it's time to move on. The larger branches should still bend but not break, the smaller ones coming of the main branches just below the colas should break. Then you're off to final trim and jarring.

Cut the sugar leaves off close to the buds, and cut the buds off of your branches. Put them in canning jars with a 62% RH Boveda pack, I use the 62gm size in a 2 qt jar. Put the jars in a cool dark place. Check them every few days. If you see moisture on the buds, empty the jar onto a tray and let them breathe for 20 min to an hour, then put them back in the jar. All it takes is a very long four weeks for them to cure.

There are other methods, but this is what I use.

Just a quick note that checking the trichomes with 60X or more magnification is the best way to gauge their readiness for harvest. I use a USB microscope.

Harvest is easy. A quick snip and it's off for their initial trim. I just cut off the fan leaves, and hang the plant in a cool dark place for a few days where the humidity is 40% - 50%. The snap test will let you know when it's time to move on. The larger branches should still bend but not break, the smaller ones coming of the main branches just below the colas should break. Then you're off to final trim and jarring.

Cut the sugar leaves off close to the buds, and cut the buds off of your branches. Put them in canning jars with a 62% RH Boveda pack, I use the 62gm size in a 2 qt jar. Put the jars in a cool dark place. Check them every few days. If you see moisture on the buds, empty the jar onto a tray and let them breathe for 20 min to an hour, then put them back in the jar. All it takes is a very long four weeks for them to cure.

There are other methods, but this is what I use.

Just a quick note that checking the trichomes with 60X or more magnification is the best way to gauge their readiness for harvest. I use a USB microscope.
Thank You Bunches for the tips Old Salt!! I have 40x w a jewelers that flips on one side,, not sure the magnification is I look often, not sure what to look for ... lol my nephew said give it 5 more days? I made it kool in there the past few weeks 74 w lites on 68 69 at night?
A few look ready some had green on the bottom purple on top!!! Looking Exotic, tastes like Fruity Pebbles!!! Yum...

Here's a couple of samples:

full

Trichomes - Mainly Cloudy, with Some Clear

full

Trichomes - Mainly Cloudy, with Some Amber

The first image shows the trichomes at close to maximum potency or highest THC content. The second is two weeks later, and gives more of a couch lock effect. The plant could have been harvested after the first image, but I like more of the couch lock effect at night. The time to harvest is when you think the plant will give you the effect you are looking for. Consider a staggered harvest for your first grow. Take a few colas when their trichomes look like those in the first image, then take a few a week later, and repeat for two times, harvesting whatever you have left the third week. Take pictures of the trichomes at each stage for future reference. After drying and curing the harvest, you can decide what you like best.

My first crop is soon to be harvested.. I flipped a few colas to get light on the flip side? I am nervous, I am not sure how to Harvest an cure... Overnite seems it went from 30% to 85% Purple!! Smells and Tastes like Fruity Pebbles!! Can’t Wait To Cook & Dab!!!
I took a these pics after I saw how much it changed overnight! This plant is in the corner it has Many colas and Thick solid buds Deep inside.... Yum Yum

Back
Top Bottom