This Medical Marijuana Collective Is Pleasantly Plump

Truth Seeker

Some medical marijuana patients are most comfortable when the access point for their cannabis is as clinical as possible. As I've mentioned before, all collectives fall somewhere on a continuum between the pharmacy model and the social-club model, with varying degrees of formality and relaxation. Plump, an access point in North Queen Anne, falls way over on the relaxed side of the spectrum.

Plump feels more like a kitchen than a pharmacy; the bud room has an oven, refrigerator and sink. Tall and lanky budtender Casey quickly emerged from the back on the Saturday I visited, his stony vibe fitting in well with the man-cave surroundings.

There were eight strains of flowers, but none of them were labeled. Casey counted on his memory to tell him which jar held which strain, and in the absence of labels, I had to count on him for that information. The pickings were actually pretty good, and I especially liked the across-the-board $10 donations (with one strain, Pot Of Gold, on special for $20 an eighth, and jar-ends also available for $8 a gram).

I selected sativa-dominant hybrids Skywalker OG and Citrus Diesel, along with heavy indica Elephant. And I couldn't resist trying some of the sale strain, Pot Of Gold, for good measure (just two words about the Pot Of Gold: Don't bother).

The Skywalker OG flowers had a agreeably fresh, piney bouquet and were covered with abundant red hairs--more, in fact, than nugs of the strain typically display. A panel of experts agreed that the flowers didn't look like any Skywalker OG they'd seen, but this could possibly be due to an early harvest, and underdeveloped calyxes seemed to back up this theory. The toke test also seemed to underline the possibility of an early harvest, because the effects, while quick in onset, were also quick to fade and slightly underpowered.

The Citrus Diesel's smell leaned much more to the citrus side of its genetic heritage than to the diesel. The cannabis itself was the best I got at Plump, with an emphatic onset and a certain diffusion of thought processes. This difficulty of sequential thought probably would make it a bad idea to smoke Citrus Diesel just before taking tests of memory or logic.

Casey had told me that the Elephant produced the classic "heavy limbs" body stone of pure indicas, and he was on the money about that. This is an excellent strain for insomnia, because just a few minutes after you notice you're glued to the couch and have no desire to move, your eyelids start getting pleasantly heavy.

There's parking available behind Plump, and you want to use it, because the only access from the front is a steep, gravel path that looks treacherous. When visiting the website, be aware that the menu hasn't been updated since last December.

MMJ_Shop1.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: seattleweekly.com
Author: Steve Elliott
Website: This Medical Marijuana Collective Is Pleasantly Plump - Seattle News - The Daily Weekly

Back
Top Bottom