Time to go Bigger!

Aussiegreen

First up a very big thanks to all who contribute on here, long time reader and fan!

I'm 4 weeks off harvest on my second grow of 4 WW ladies. Had some problems here and there but nothing unmanageable so I'm gonna make use of some extra space and equipment I've got my hands on and go a little bigger. I'd love peoples thoughts on how I plan to do it but especially on improvements or alternates as I'm still very green.

The space is the middle of some large pine sleeper shelves in my garage. W 2.8mt x H 1.2mt x D 0.9mts
I'm unsure whether to build the walls of the shelves with melamine which is expensive or cheap ply which I can line with matte white truck tarp material I have or paint? Melamine would be a better insulator but I'm definately not gonna have a problem with keeping the space warm so I'm leaning towards the ply for cost and the thought that heat may escape though the walls which I'm banking will be helpful?

The height means it has to be a Sea of Green garden which I'll be growing from seed under Flouros in my seed tank until they are ready for veg in this space under 2 x 600HIDs. I'm thinking sump underneath running a drip system above, intake one end extractor the other. I had considered two or 3 hydro channels running the length of it with sump underneath but decided to stick with soil as that's what I know.

Just bought 20 seeds, 10 of which are WW and 2 each of 5 other high yeilding Indicas strains so I get a better feel for what works for me! I'm sure I could fit more but that'll do for now. Once they move into their new home should I go 12/12 straight up or veg for a couple of weeks?
Should I top/fim plants to keep the height down? Gonna get close towards the end I reckon!

My main concern is the heat though being such a short space, any suggestions on the best way to keep the temps down? Cool tubes, air con, evap cooler etc.

I'll do a journal and post pics once I start on the walls!

Thanks in advance!

Some pics of my current grow here:
Stressed bud vs Non stressed bud

Back
Top Bottom