Time To Legalize And Tax Marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our state tax monies need to be used to prosecute violent crime, not punish medical marijuana users. Over 500 deaths are reported each year from Tylenol overdose, but marijuana has never been listed as the medical cause of an overdose death.

Can we not legalize, tax and control medical marijuana production and distribution as a means of taking the violence out of its production and distribution while generating millions in tax revenue for a struggling state?

We need to deal with the illegal production, sale and consumption of marijuana as being one of social significance. As a society, we must focus our dwindling police resources on preventing violent crimes instead of clogging the court systems with simple cases of possession of marijuana, which takes valuable officers out of the field and reduces the force desperately needed to prevent more violent crimes.

News Hawk- Ganjarden 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: The Tennessean
Author: Don McMunn
Copyright: 2009 The Tennessean.

What really gets me is why does the govt think this prohibition will be more succesful then the first prohibition and I dont mean alcohol I mean the very first prohibtion do any of you remember?

Ill refresh your memory then " thou shall not partake of the fruit of the tree of knowledge" if god couldnt maintain a prohibition when he only had to keep an eye on 2 people what the fuck makes the govt think they can do better than he who sees all and knows all.

If our creator couldnt stop 2 people from eating an apple how do they think that they will ever be able to stop the use of cannabis? For one there isnt 1 cop to every 2 people in the world and even if there was human beings arent omnipotent. I think its high time (excuse the play on words) that the govt's of this world got off there high horse and stop thinking they can do a better job then god! Never mind the fact that if god didnt want us to use cannabis there would be something in the bible about it but as I understand there is a reference inthe bible to a holy oil made from a substance who's name was very similar to cannabis wish I could remember it but its been a while since I read this but the point is its been used by every society in the world at some time or another but only became illegal 70 years ago.

And we know it only became illegal because hemp and cannabis posed a threat to so many other powerful corporation's profit margin that they began this silly attack on the plant in fact popular mechanics had prepared an article on hemp called the new billion dollar crop. If it was just about cannabis being an illegal drug then hemp which had no psychoactive properties should never have been included and we know it just as well as the govt does. Personally I dont understand how the people of North America allow themselves to be lied to because lets face it cannabis was made illegal because they first said it caused violence in what they called at the time degenerate races (of all the fucking nerve) meaning Negro's,Mexicans and as President Nixon once said the God Damn Jews ( <-- this I learned watching the movie the union) And then after WW2 they said it should be illegal because it makes people into pacifist and the comunists would use it to wear down our will to fight.

We all know this information to be fact but still the Public at large acts like the good little mushrooms that they are "They sit in the Dark and allow the Govt to spoon feed them bullshit".

Oh thought I would add this as I mentioned the bible so thought I should back up what I said so did a little search and here we go.

The hemp plant (scientific name: cannabis, slang name: marijuana) is but one of the many useful herbs "yielding seed after its kind" (Genesis 1:12, 29) blessed by God on the third day of creation for people to use in conjunction with our free will. The only place in the Bible where Cannabis was mentioned by name got switched into 'calamus' by the King James translators as part of a holy ointment (described in Exodus 30:23).

The Bible also predicted prohibition: "In the later times, some shall … speak lies in hypocrisy … commanding to abstain from meats which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth." (Paul: 1 Timothy 1-4) Nowhere in the Bible does it say people cannot grow, possess, use or even smoke cannabis or that hemp is bad. In fact, quite the contrary: "God said, 'Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth.…To you it will be for meat.' … And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good." (Genesis 1:29-31)

So if god said everything he created on this earth is very good then why do our leaders feel they are in any place to contradict the word of god!!!!

Oh ad this is a little tidbit My father told me about which truly made up my mind as to whether cannabis was made by god and I know it is because of this, When My father was in his teens he and his brother were hunting in the woods near where he grew up and they cam across a deer that had been hit by a car they assumed from it injury and was in pain he could tell and guess what this deer was recovering from its
injury yep you guessed it it was eating cannabis I imagine for food and pain this was a creature which we dont consider to be intelligent but it was using medicinal herb to ease its pain and suffering and for food and as most animals will avoid poisonous plants thru pure instinct It would stand to reason that if cannabis is harmful an animal wouldnt eat it.

Great points Cateros...Even if all are'nt actually factual. :roorrip:

Great points Cateros...Even if all are'nt actually factual. :roorrip:

From the informationi research I posted exact quotes from interviews as well as excerpts fromthe bible and the part about the begining of the prohibition on cannabis was definetly the brain child a major magazine publisher the Newport news I believe it was and he did post article about how blacks and mexicans would smoke cannabis play frantic devil music and laugh at white women and rape them also going as far as to step on the shadow of a white person. Let me know which parts were off as I am trying to compile a large list of fallacies that have been perpetuated about cannabis as well as the what important information has been surpressed but whatever points are not factual please point me to them I am considering running for mayor of my home town with a platform on regulation to prevent the sale of cannabis to minors as presently the only id a 14 year old needs is 2 $20 bills a dealer cares more about the color of your money then the date of your birth . I also would like to find a listing of the other harmful compound that have been identified in cannabis that has been siezed at the very least i may be able to sway some opinions not to mention possibly getting a large percentage of my town to support the end of prohibition.
All it will take I truly believe would be to get an opinion poll showing over 54% of the population is favouring legalization and regulation I really think we need to jam the fact down parents throats that the best way to prevent there kids from using cannabis before they reach the age of consent say 19-21 is to regulate it so its as hard to get as alcohol as most high school students say its easier to get pot then alcohol or tobacco so if we the pro cannabis movement show responsibility as well as show we are fully behind keeping minors off cannabis until they reach the age of majority.

From the informationi research I posted exact quotes from interviews as well as excerpts fromthe bible and the part about the begining of the prohibition on cannabis was definetly the brain child a major magazine publisher the Newport news I believe it was and he did post article about how blacks and mexicans would smoke cannabis play frantic devil music and laugh at white women and rape them also going as far as to step on the shadow of a white person. Let me know which parts were off as I am trying to compile a large list of fallacies that have been perpetuated about cannabis as well as the what important information has been surpressed
There is plenty of documentation to back up the racist part of prohibition. Its available on our site. I'd also agree with the big pharma and other industries conspiring against Cannabis.

As for the bible (a bit off topic), it can be interpreted in many ways. Some would say that when god blessed those plants and herbs man had not yet fallen and that our 'weed' was a part of the curse. i'm not saying i believe this (i'm a non-believer) just that the bible is open to individual interpretation. but this is a discussion better had in our religion forum.
:focus:

There is plenty of documentation to back up the racist part of prohibition. Its available on our site. I'd also agree with the big pharma and other industries conspiring against Cannabis.

As for the bible (a bit off topic), it can be interpreted in many ways. Some would say that when god blessed those plants and herbs man had not yet fallen and that our 'weed' was a part of the curse. i'm not saying i believe this (i'm a non-believer) just that the bible is open to individual interpretation. but this is a discussion better had in our religion forum.
:focus:

Except when I was doing a search on cannabis and the bible there is a excerpt that states that king henry's translators translated teh latin cannabis into calamus there are actually a few churches int he world that believe cannabis is the tree of life. And when you consider one thing that is in the bible is that god Said I give unto you all the herb and plants that come from seed and these will be meat as many know cannabis seeds are one of the most nutritional things you can eat apparently it contains all the proteins minerals vitamins and amino acids a human needs to live a healthy life infact its possible to live on nothing but hemp/cannabis seeds and actually you will be far more healthy that a person eating a diet of meat grain dairy and fruit.
Personally i feel every living thing on this planet relies on another either for food or to aid in it propogation Like cannabis evolved to be a source of medicine ,fuel, building material, textiles etc I think it evolved this way so that it would be usefull to man and as man made use of it he would harvest the seed and then cultivate larger fields therefore ensuring it survival And the trully funny thing is the govt of the world have no problem trying to drive this plant to extinction but if they were to drive even the most deadly snake to extinction the wildlife preservation society would go off the bat.

The Bible was written by man not "God" And is not only open to interpretation, But suspicion as well. :roorrip:

The Bible was written by man not "God" And is not only open to interpretation, But suspicion as well. :roorrip:

And that is why we should use everything in the bible toour advantage the people at the time wanted god perfect so everything they put in the bible is a testament to his perfection and control on the universe. so by using there own words they have 2 choices either claim they are non religious and dont hold much faith for the bible (a statement that would be tantemount to political suicide) or to agree with everything and then we can turn it all around to our own use in the way they took partial truths and outright lies fabricated evidence and turned there politically motivated beliefs into fact.
Do you all remember the late 70's educational film on cannabis where they said its not addictive which means when deprived of the plant users dont experience the painful withdrawl symptoms associated with hard drugs. But now 30 years later after everyone is convinced that cannabis isnt addictive they are suddenly poping up with these new CBD or cannabis based disorders I guess if you give a imaginary illness a anagram that makes it real not to mention the govt funding a brand new cannabis rehab center who is also developing thc transdermal patches to help ween the poor cannabis addicted off thc without discomfort!!! Hell when things go dry around here i have gone from smoking a quarter a day to nothing for 4 months and I have never had any of the supposed effects of quiting smoking pot which are anxiety ,restlessness,sleeping problems, irritability, lack of appetite and mild depression which also are so similar to what people go thru when trying to break a deeply ingrained habit like people who drum there fingers constantly stop them form doing it for 3 days and watch how bent out of shape they get its about the same as not smoking cannabis after having a good supply for a long period but it would hardly be withdrawl in my books.

Being Pagan, I could'nt care less about the writings in the Bible..And i surely dont feel the need to avow to them. Nor "quote" them..There are places for that. :roorrip:

ok, like i said this religion discussion is off topic in this thread. we do have a forum for the discussion of Cannabis & religion. i guess i fed into it with my previous post. sorry about that. so now lets get back to the topic of the thread > Time To Legalize And Tax Marijuana.

Agreed :roorrip:

ok, like i said this religion discussion is off topic in this thread. we do have a forum for the discussion of Cannabis & religion. i guess i fed into it with my previous post. sorry about that. so now lets get back to the topic of the thread > Time To Legalize And Tax Marijuana.
i guess your kinda missing what I am getting at I am no more religious then anyone else but goverments always love to thor religion into there campaigns and reasons for doing things I personally think its time we start using there own ammunition as how are thoes right wing christian tyrants going to be able to stand up to an attack that is partial scientific fact and the rest using there own professed beliefs against them I just think that turn about is fair play . When you consider there campaign against cannabis was professed to be there way of protecting white people from degenerate races who smoke cannabis and then play wild devil music and rape white women. They used the bible to say that smoking cannabis allowed these peoples music to be influenced by the devil so they brought religion in first and everything else was a complete fabrication but during a time when a black man could be sent to jail for a month for simply standing on the shadow of a white person you can imagine the outrage that was caused when they started saying that this devil's weed made them want to rape white women. Actually the same white women who read that magazine published by the guy who owned the largest pulp and paper bussiness in north america as well as the publisher of the Newport news I believe it was. So i trully think turn about is fair play and it would be so much fun showing up these uptight one balled limp dick right wing christians by using there own tactics to bring down the Police state they have created trying to control the acts and minds of free citizens In my opinion I think instead of legalization ,regulation and taxation it should be legalized for adults to grow there own for personal use as long as they use it in the privacy of there own homes maybe even have a $125 a year licence fee that must be purchased or get a much larger fine for cultivating cannabis for personal use without a up to date licence. Conditions of the licence should be similar to canada's mmar for instance once you have your licence you have to submit a layout of the basic security you will use to make sure someone cant just walk in and steal your bud or growing plants as well as they could also place a maximum number of plants that can be grown at a time maybe 25 and allow those licenced to store up to 1200g plus 112g they can have out of storage for the months use. A system like tallhis would not only limit the amount of cannabis available to the average person but also allow them to keep more accurate records of who is growing what and how much they should have not to mention if everyone could grow there own organized crime and terrorism would suffer massive blows to there bank accounts . I personally dont really want to see it taxed so much as I would rather see it licenced to produce your personal but otherwise no other costs involved in procurring it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom