Time to pollinate the autos

Bobby Blunt

Hey guys,
I am ready to pollinate my Dutch Passions Auto Glueberry OG with its self, I had a female Glueberry OG and a Danes Strain male Blue Matic, it made plenty of beautiful dark seeds in 2018, these are in their 4th wk. The male is in a separate area dropping pollen everyday which I'm collecting, the female's calyxes already have heads but the pitils have to get a little fatter I will pollinate this week.

Attachments

• Glueberry og fem at 4wks.jpg
    Glueberry og fem at 4wks.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Male Glueberry OG male 18APR20_1587247878282.jpg
    Male Glueberry OG male 18APR20_1587247878282.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 59
Any time is fine. In fact you can do it now and again next week just to be sure. For a auto flower I would pollinate as early as you can to give them plenty of time to finish seeds.

Makes sense, this Saturday is perfect, I flushed them last Thursday and gave them their flowering nutes Sunday, "Fox Farm" the trio- plus other helper nutes, those that grow know what they are, the pistil's will be nice and fat and have plenty of time to make beautiful seeds, I will be pollinating the lower branches,

One thing to consider. When making seeds it is important to be sure they get plenty of nutrients. I was told you should give them veg nuits during flower. I have not had any problem with seeds finishing fine as long as the plants stay healthy through flower. I just feed them flower nuits. My seeds pop fine and the offspring are healthy. That may change the M/F ratio thought. The seeds made by the guy that told me to feed my plants veg nuits. Have a high female ratio.

He makes seeds to grow. I smoke the same weed I get my seeds from and prefer it to be good to smoke. So I don't feed plants extra for seeds. A lot matters what you want from your seed crop. If this is just a seed crop. Feeding the plants veg nuits may be the way to go. It might help you get more females from your regular seeds.

Yea, Fox Farms Trio; Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom. Grow Big, the veg nute is carried from the 2nd wk. of veg until the 9th wk of flower but that's kinda the suggestion from a lot of nutrient companies to carry your veg. nutes at least 3 feedings into flower, my helper nutes in flower are; Silica- 2 feedings into flower for limbs, Cal-Mag- 2nd feeding til 9th feeding in flower, and molasses- 2nd feeding in flower until last flush. I pollinate for strain continuity, today many strains have been crossed pollinated the re-pollinated you don't know what your smoking all in the race to see who can get the highest THC. For myself I have come across some great strains worth breeding and holding on to.

Back
Top Bottom